Turn the channel over to some of the cable channels and you will see what is happening in our own country. The tornadoes that have been happening here in the southern states over the past few days -it breaks my heart. I hear from some "Well, what can I do?" There is a lot you can do. Here are just a few suggestions
1. Pray! Those people need so much. They may not know if loved ones are alive and have no way to reach them. They need your prayers for safety, shelter, food, clothes, to find loved ones and for peace of mind and spirit.
2. Donate. You can send money to the Red Cross - test REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10.00. Donate to the Salvation Army, or your local church to relay your donation down to a sister church down south and let them decide how best to spend it. They may use it to cook meals, wash clothes, but blankets or baby formula, you can be sure they will use it to help others.
3. Donate blood. There are injured people down there and the doctors need your blood to help save lives.
4. For those living down there or near the towns, if something blows your way- photos, birth certificates, wedding photos, purses, wallets or anything else, turn it in to local police. Some people lost everything and getting something back will mean the world to them. Wouldn't you love a picture of the person you just lost? Or even to find your purse or important documents.
5. Pray some more. They need all the prayers you can give. Have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you Monday, Lord Willing.