Wow this is the official end of summer so what better way to celebrate than with the newest Hodgepodge.
Join us to play.
1. Labor Day weekend (in the US of A) is approaching...what's something you've labored over this year?
Cancer. It has occurpied every moment of every day for over a year now. I've put a lot into getting well. It's a lot of work.
2. What is one word to describe your 'job' or career?
A "Calling". I love being a wife, homemaker, mom, grannie and dog owner. It's far more fun and more important than the day job that I love but is not my life.
3. What was your worst or least favorite job ever? Why?
Many, many, many years ago, I worked at a fast food place in town. It was TERRIBLE. We had spaghetti and burgers and lots of different foods and to watch how they were prepared was just sickening. Taking orders from hungry people who are all ready drinking was even worst. I was so glad that I was terrible at it and didn't last long. Never again.
4. How do you measure contentment?
Contentment is a state of mind when you finally understand that "stuff" does not define you. It doesn't make you better, taller, more popular, more healthy, less sick, younger, or prettier. It's just stuff. Contentment is when you find out that you, all by yourself, warts and all, are all you need.
5. Pickles-like or dislike? What is something you eat that requires a pickle? Dill, bread and butter, sweet gherkins...what's your favorite kind of pickle?
I like pickles, most of the time I eat sweet bread and butter but I do like sweet gherkins.
6. In your current house-town-state, what is it you like living close to?
Our daughter lives in the same state as us. She lives about 50 minutes west of us and that is not that close. But since our son and his wife and their sons are on the other side of the country, she is very close and I love that.
What is close to us - Nothing really. I live in the country and love that! Trees, a few ponds, wild life. When I'm home I'm away from so many things and I love that.
7. What is one thing on your 'want-to-do' list before summer draws to an official close?
I would like to go to Acadia National Park before it gets too cold. Hows this for a sunrise!
|Surise at Acadia. Image from Google.|
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had our last Chemo Treatment yesterday. After 4 months of weekly chemo treatments I have 10 days off with no one to see and no blood to give. Today was bitter sweet. Starting in September we start to test to see where I am and what happens next. That explains why most of my answers are cancer related doesn't it? Sorry. It has been a part of our lives for over a year now. It will continue to be part of our lives for a time still to come. This really stinks.