Thank you Joyce for the questions, I have the answers. Let's play.
"How important is this?" As I find my energy waning and some days are more productive than others, I find that I am asking this question more and more.
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
No I do not grow roses. I have tried several times and each time they died. I figure at this point, I will let others who know what they are doing do what they know. I love purple roses. I don't remember ever getting a dozen roses but often get a flower basket with roses in it. As for the prettiest rose garden in my memory.......I can't remember what I had for dinner last night so I got nothing here.
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
Yes I do read the freshness date on the store products. I will use items past the "use by" date if it's only been a few days, or in some cases a few weeks and yes I have purchased a dented can. I will take Tylenol if past the expired date by a little but not prescription drugs.
4. Should athletes be role models?
Whether or not they should be ---THEY ARE. People look up to those at both ends of the extreme of life. For those that achieve a lot, and those who are brutal in what they do. Both are role models. What is different is what they are role models for..good behavior or bad behavior. For those who achieve a lot, the way they achieved it, the way they handle it, and the way they treat other because of it will all be looked at. For those who are very brutal, they are the role model for extremely bad behaviors. In may ways we are all role models. Some for good marriages, for bad marriages, work ethics, how we spend our money, what we eat, our kids behaviors. The list goes on. Someone is always watching. More importantly, God is watching, He is the standard that we should aim for.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
I want to watch my grand kids become adults! Since the oldest is 9 and the youngest is 2 that is a long way off and I want to watch it all.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
I would love a place alongside a mountain lake. I would build a log home and clear about four acres. I woud have a fire pit in the back yard. I woudld have room for my grand kids to run around and play safely. I would have a pontoon motor boat to cruise on the lake with the family.
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
6:50 so I could help you with those last minute things that are always still hanging over your head.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Only in New Hampshire could we have snow on Sunday and 70's on Monday and looking forward to possible 80's by the week end. I still have the quilt on the bed, the sweaters in the closet and flannel pj's in the dresser. I guess I better get out the shorts and t-shirts for the end of the week.