Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Farewell April Welcome May Hodgepodge
1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?
I turn this
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month?
I MAY get our Grandson's Birthday Gifts off to him in time for his party. I'm not holding my breath at the moment because I'm feeling a bit rushed with "other" things. Hey Ben: Grannie is working on it, really she is!!
3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think" How do you see it?
I see it as both. There are times when life throws you a handful of bad news and so you feel the tragedy, the heavyness of it all. But at some point, you regain your OOMPH and begin to see the humor in life. We need both because without tragedy, one would never appreciate comedy.
4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead?
I do like a good hamburger and we do eat them often but I couldn't tell you how often we do so. What are my must haves? Onions, cheese, fresh thick tomato slice not those little diced things and mayo.
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?
The gardening is done by the person with the most energy these days! I like impatiens and yes, I hope to have them in the planters out front.
6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"
Mayday is a call for help. It could be because one's car broke down or one needs a ride someplace. I've called Mayday a lot lately for personal issues and my firends have not disappointed me. They have come to my aid and "circled the wagons" making me feel safe and loved.
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Becke, our lab went for a physical recently. She is 13 years old and beginning to lose some of her hearing so she doesn' t always hear me if I call her outside. She can't always figure out where the sound comes from and she sometimes doesn't hear me at all when I call her. She has some arthritis and has a hard time doing stairs but otherwise she is very healthy. We are so glad to still have her with us. She is still teaching August how to behave and puts up with a lot. When we leave work, she walks up to her brother to check him out. She looks for him and looks after him. I've never seen such love from a 13 year old to a 20 month old. We are blessed to have her in our lives. We love you Intregrity StarBeck, Becke Boo Boo, Becke Weckey.