Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"IS IT JUNE ALREADY?" HODGEPODGE!


1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
I went to a Catholic elementrary school, back in the stone age.  We didn't do field trips.  EVER!

2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
I'm tired of those adds for the newest "Skinny Pill" with before and after photos of people who lost 60 pounds in 6 weeks.  Can't be true and those people didn't take the pills and didn't give permission for the photos to be used.  Many did lose weight, the hard way, over a year, and blogged about it.

3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'? 
I love playing with our grand girls and so every time I get to play with them I feel like everything's coming up roses.  Also, my health is pretty darn good so again, everything's coming up roses!!

4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
When grilling outdoors I really don't care since I'm not grilling.  We use gas here but our son-in-law uses charcoal.  Again, I'm only eating, not cooking so I'm easy to please.

5. Are you afraid of the dark?
No, unless I've seen a really scary movie or a really big bug that didn't get killed.  Then I want a light on untill the bug is found and dead or I've watched something light on TV to take my mind off the really scary movie.

6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
I looked up "Songs with a number in the title" and came up with a really long list of songs that I never heard of sung by groups I had no idea of who they were, so I guess my favorite songs don't have numbers in them. Sorry.

7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
Agree, even if all we learn is that some things really iritates us about others, we know what iritates us and so we have a better understanding of ourselves.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
We have had 2 days of lovely warm weather and plenty of sun.  That must have been our Spring because it's about to get cooler (50's) again and rain - again for the next 3-4 days.  I hope you all enjoyed your Spring. I know that Summer is right around the corner.  I hope it's better than our Spring has been.

Your turn.  Tag your it. 


13 comments:

  1. One of the advantages of recording our favorite shows is skipping the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to move north in the summers. For a Southern girl, I hate the heat & don't do well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that your health continues to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those commercials drive me crazy!!! So many people waste their money on those products looking for that quick fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even when I do watch something after a scary movie, it somehow ends up in my thoughts at the end of the day. I should just not watch scary movies, but apparently I'm not that smart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So is it quite usual for folks in the USA to have a gas grill in their garden? In the UK it would only be people with a very disposable income that would have them.

    Always learning these cultural nuances from the HodgePodge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that your health is doing so well! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree those diet pills are crazy. With watching what you eat and exercise weight loss is possible. We have gotten lazy and there is no miracle pill! I'm so happy to hear that your health is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No field trips! What a bummer. I always looked forward to them as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No field trips! What a bummer. I always looked forward to them as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The skinny pill. Also those ads for the five foods you shouldn't eat after 50. I'm over 50, so I've pretty much figured out what I shouldn't eat : ) Hope you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!