It's still Wednesday so it's still Hodgepodge Time. I want to wish Joyce a Very Happy Birthday! She comes up with the questions every week. I hope your Birthday is as special as you are Joyce.1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
WHY!! Nothing like starting off the Hodgepodge with a hard question Joyce!! I think we are as old as we feel on any given day. It changes from day to day. Some days I feel really old when my body creaks and cracks while on other days I feel very young and even taller. I don't know if fear or despair have anything to do with it. I think it's all a state of mind.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
~Tupac Shakur's Me Against the World makes him the first rap artist to debut at No. 1 on the US charts while in jail on charges
~A massive earthquake Named the 'Good Friday Earthquake,' that measures 8.6 on the Richter scale struck Alaska , flattens buildings and triggers a massive tidal wave in Alaska
~The U.S. Congress and President Washington authorize the creation of the U.S. Navy
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
I honestly can't think of anything. Sorry.
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
~I feel young when I play with our grand girls. Playing dolls or running around the yard with them makes me feel young.
~I feel old when so many others seem to understand modern technology and I'm a bit lost. When I ask the computer IT guy a question I sometimes have to ask him to explain the answer.
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
I designed and sewed a bag for August's stroller that would hold lots of stuff so I don't have to carry a lot stuff.
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
Growing old with the man I love. He gets better with age! As Robert Browning said “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be"
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
What ever it is you give would be something from your heart and that would make any giveaway a great giveaway.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This weekend Hubby is off for a "Men's Retreat". It's a great time for Christian men to get together, worship God and develop great friendships. I like it when he gets to take off and be with other Christian men and develop those friendships. I also like that I can have fish while he's gone - Hubby is allergic to fish. I can also have breakfast for dinner and eat at whatever time I want to. So it's a win-win for both of us. He always comes home happy, tired, and full of God's love.
So these are my answers, what would be yours?