Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year, New Me.


New Year, new Me.  Time to get rid of all those pounds I gained over all those sick weeks when all I did was sleep, eat, cough and craft.  Time to get back on track.  Like so many of you right?  Here is one of go to breakfast's that fill me up.

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffins

I love these easy to make muffins that are packed with wonderful goodness! They fill me up and help me to stay trim. I also love how easy they are.  I have a small 6 cup muffin tin that fits perfectly in my toaster oven so I make 6 at a time for Hubby and me.

Here is what you do

6 eggs
2 slices bacon
Heavy Cream
Cheese of your choice ( I like cheddar cheese sliced thin)

Spray the muffin tin with spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the bacon anyway you want to and drain on a paper towel, and then break it up into small pieces.
Scramble the eggs in a bowl with the heavy cream and a little bit of water.
Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin and place your cheese of choice into the mixture. Evenly place the bacon bits into the mixture as well.

Bake for 12-17 minutes (again I used a toaster oven so if you use the big oven, watch them). It's done when a tooth pick comes out clean.

Let cool a few minutes and for the eggs to settle and then take them out and place them on a plate.

Each muffin has 1 carb. But more importantly, it's So good!

What are you doing in the new year?


5 comments:

  1. Yikes - heavy cream! I wonder if half and half or milk could be substituted. Ok, it might not taste quite as good, but think of the calories and fat saved (my husband has high cholesterol so I'm watching how much fat is in the food I prepare).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound good and easy to make. After we get all settled in with the move and our stuff gets here, I know I'll be eating healthier and trying to take walks in the evening with hubby. I know we're going to try to go low carb as much as possible :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, time for me to get back on my low carb lifestyle. That sounds so yummy, thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish and I'll definitely have to make them in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound so good and easy. I was wondering about substituting the heavy cream also. Maybe yogurt?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!