1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
I do not collect postcards but when we travel, we may pick up some to add to the photo album that we will at some point create. I do send something called a Postagram that comes off my cell phone and create a post card that is then sent to someone on the "Contacts" list. I love technology! I sent one a few weeks back to our friend in FL.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
A nice meal out with Hubby. I love sharing a meal with him. It's always a fun evening.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
NO! it's one of my faults! I wear my feelings on my sleeves and everyone can see how I feel.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Yes they do but I never use it. I look up whatever I need on my cell phone and call or get driving directions from there.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
Well I guess that depends on what the reason is. If I'm playing a game, I would love to be picked first. Being last makes me feel like I'm not really wanted or really very good but they (the picker's) ran our of options. For showing up someplace or where to sit, or being given a task to complete, last is fine as I know that I am not the most important person at the event so let me just slip in someplace quietly and do what I can.
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
A few years ago Hubby and I flew out to California and we went to Yosemite National Park with our son, our daughter in law and our two grandsons. Our daughter in law's family was also there. It's an annual ritual with their family and we were allowed to tag along that year. During our visit my son and I went horseback riding. This was a milestone for me because I was always afraid of horses. It was a guided trek, but I enjoyed myself alot. It was a special time being with my son!
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
When I change out ingredients in a recipe I will often add or change combinations and the results go right into the trash!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are in another heat wave up here where it's in the 90's, hazey and humid. Cooling centers are up all over the state and warnings to check on family and keep pets inside are all over the news. Most are hovering over their AC's and pools. We don't have a pool (well the dogs do have a kiddie pool but nothing for us), so it's the AC for us. Except, I don't like the cold air and love the heat. So I keep going out onto the deck to warm up and relax into the heat. August has sweat glands and so he is OK out there with me for a bit, Becke doesn't have sweat glands and HATES it out there but loves me so she will go out for a bit and then I send her back inside to hang our with daddy who sweats and gets clammy in under 1 minute when he goes out. I don't sweat until it hits at least 100 with +70% humidity and we have had none of those temps.
OK now it's your turn.