Well, if it's Wednesday it's Hodgepodge day and I look forward to Joyce's questions every week, don't you? So play along.
For me the answer is to go to God first to ask if something I want to do or want to have is within His plan for me. That would save me a lot of worry and time chasing rabbits.
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me aBellini? What's your peach pleasure?
Cobbler, warm please. With ice cream of course. Thank you.
|Photo by Google|
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
I agree that doing something that scares us is good for us. It feels like we conquered something, and of course we have. Doing something every day that scares me? Not so much. I live a stressful life and adding something that scares me to the list, not going to happen. After all I'm trying to simplify my life....
4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one.
Making the bed. I love to look at a freshly made bed and then climbing into it. I just love to walk into the room and seeing our bed. It makes me happy.
5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Monica CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
I've never seen the sun set from any of these places but if I were to choose one it would be Mount Haleakala because, it's in Maui, HI!
The prettiest sunset I've ever seen was when we lived in Albuquerque NM. We lived right next to the desert and when the sun set, the desert sand became the color of gold! It always reminded me of the "Streets of Gold" talked about in the Bible. So beautiful!
6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
Most used apps? Holy Bible, Facebook, and of course Pinterest!
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
No one fights Cancer alone, Thank God!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The weather here got down right cold for a few days. I mean it's down in the 40's at night and only up to 60's and low 70's in the day. We even put a heavy blanket on the bed. It's suppose to heat up a bit and most likely we will have more rain!!! I'm so done with the rain and I know who to blame....I have a blond friend who keeps washing her dog and every time she does, it rains!! She (and I know you are reading this and you know I mean you) really needs to live with a dirty dog a bit longer.