Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

GRANNY NIRVANA HODGEPODGE!


1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
Hubby spent many years hunting venison and we had many years of it to eat.  I relly do love the taste of it.  He hasn't hunted in a few years now and I miss it.  Of the ones listed, I would like to try Pheasant, it just sounds like it would taste good.

Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.

2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park gave such a beautiful fall view of Bar Harbor, Maine.

3.  Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
No

4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?
Oh my, these are hard this week.  I can't think of anything.

5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
I had to Google song titles with Birds in the title.  I'll pick Rockin Robin By Bobby Day and the Jackson 5 both turned it into a hit.

6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
Our vacation at Arcadia National Park gave me the  goose bumps, it's so beautiful and to think God created it all!!

7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
We live too far out for Trick or Treaters to come to our home so we will stay home and watch TV.  When I was a kid, we grabbed the pillow case of of our beds and ran around the neighborhood getting all the candy we could carry.  Then I ran home, emptied the pillow case and would go right back out.  It was common to empty that pillow case several times an evening.  Then my sister and I would go through the candy and trade off what we didn't like for what we did like.  I usually wore the "Hobo" costume which came from my dads closet.  We didn't carve pumpkins.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I am fine, just either busy or sleeping.  We are WAY behind in getting the house set for the cold weather that will be upon us soon.  The list is long to get this house ready for the cold weather.
Don't forget to Fall Back this weekend.  I sure hope that the dogs let me get that extra hour of sleep!!

5 comments:

  1. Hobo was a popular costume when I was a kid. I'm sure that's not p.c. now : ) They say we may get snow flurries on Friday-ugh. Not ready for snow! Acadia is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore the Hobo costume often. I am not ready for winter either. I still have flower beds to clear out and summer items to put away on the back porch. I hear there may be snow flurries on Friday so I will have to get myself moving!

    Glad to hear you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we lived in Vermont, our neighborhood had lots of kids so we did a haunted house for Halloween. Hubby was in charge of special effects with lowering lights, spooky music, and 'fog' seeping out from beneath our garage door.

    I was in charge of outside decorations and performance art. I'd dress all in black, including a huge black wig, as a vampire. Then I'd hide behind our mudroom door and when the kids knocked, I'd jump out and scare them silly before I gave them candy. Good times.

    Now, living in in a much quieter place without resident kids, I dress up with a crazy wig and go exercise with my friends at Curves. I get some strange looks as I'm driving in town which always baffles me. After all, it is Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had completely forgotten I dressed up as a `Hobo` in grade school.

    The cold is upon us, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never dressed as a hobo. My favorite costume was a witch dress which my great-grandmother had made for my mother when she was little. I wore it until it was too small for me and then I cried. My favorite costume as an adult was a scarecrow. I used old torn jeans and a flannel shirt and stuffed myself with hay. Scratchy, but fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!