Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

OH, MY ACHING KNEE HODGEPODGE!



Can you believe that Spring is just over a week away?  I can't wait for the flowers to bloom.

1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?
The first image that comes to mind are all the clean cars people are driving around. The automatic car washes are full with car after car going through getting all the sand and salt off the cars.
The phrase that best describes the season around here is "Almost Here."  We still have lots of snow on the ground but the air is warmer and there are even spots of brown here and there.  The septic tank is still covered in snow however.
  
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?
I did own a slinky and loved it.  As for something with springs that needs replacing....I would have to say that there is nothing that is in need of replacing.

3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Maya Angelou

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?
When will my knee be fixed?

5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
I'm not a huge fan of sugar. I drink my tea and coffee without it, but I do like the occasional cream horn or dish of ice cream.  So I do try to limit my sugar but I will give in once in a while.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
I would rather have more work that I enjoy doing.  I don't mind working and having something to do that I enjoy doing makes the day go by faster and I feel like I'm helping someone. Plus, it's not work, if I love doing it.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
I have only driven through Texas but if I were to visit, I would love to see the Houston Space Center.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I mentioned in # 4 wondering when my knee would be fixed.  It turns out that I have a tore Meniscus in my left knee and today I saw the orthopaedic doctor.  He agrees that my knee needs to be fixed and has agreed to do the surgery but first he wants to consult with both of my oncologists.  The one here locally and the one up in Lebanon.  The orthopaedic doctor has some questions about my cancer and my meds so it may be a few months before I have the surgery but finally, a doctor who agrees that I need this thing fixed.  



9 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry about your knee. I do hope you're able to have the repair, and all goes well. I heard we might hit 60 degrees today-yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch with the knee! I hope it can be fixed sooner than later! Glad to see some signs of spring at your place!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember those days of salt on the cars! Excellent quote from Maya Angelou. So sorry about your knee. Hope all goes well with the approval for surgery. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your knee. :( Hope that it works out so it can be repaired soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Angelou quote...so true. Hope your knee surgery will be scheduled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the knee :( My neighbor just had surgery on hers, hopefully she'll be doing better soon! Im sure her dog misses walking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knee will get better and I will be there every step of the way. I love you SWMBO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your choice of quotes, but I never realized who said it.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your knee problems. I've never had that, but I hear a torn Meniscus is painful! Hopefully, you can get it repaired sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!