Thank you Joyce for a great set of questions.
1. Share a favorite song lyric. I better not see 'I can't think of one' on any body's paper. That's an automatic F in the Wednesday Hodgepodge you know.
This is our song
Color My World. by Chicago
As time goes on, I realize
Just what you mean to me.
And now, now that you're near,
Promise your love that I've waited to share
And dreams of our moments together.
Color my world with hopes of loving you
2. When was the last time someone yelled at you?
Our grand daughter yelled at me to get up and play tag but it wasn't really yelling in the sense she was mad, just excited to play. I love my grand daughter!!
3. Money, fame, happiness...are they mutually exclusive?
Money can help you be happy if you do not tie your happness to money. Fame can help you be happy if you do not tie your happiness to fame. But if you only seek money and/or fame, you will never be happy. How's that for an answer!
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare for family and friends that doesn't require turning on the stove, oven or an outdoor grill?
|Fruit Salad like this one from Google search|
Well since Hubby is now retired (I LOVE typing that!) we are adjusting our life style to fit into our new budget and yes we will do that. We have cut the food budget a bit and we are looking at ALL our bills to see where else we can make other cuts. Yes we will do it so that he can enjoy a long and happy retirement.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being 100% and 1 being not at all) how tuned in are you to your country's national political scene?
I'm probably a 6. What I can not understand is why the people that I voted into office because they promised to listen to me and vote one way, now do not listen to me and vote another way. And yet keep raising money for the next election. If they really took care of now, the the re-election would be easy. That makes me mad. I still think that term limits should be in place. Serve, get out and stand in the lines and live under the laws that they created.
7. What are your final parting words to the month of July?
Thank you Lord, it was a great month.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love that hubby is retired. He has worked long and hard and deserves the rest. I love him being home, but Becke, the wonder dog is having a hard time sharing the bed. She has always slept on the other side next to me. Poor thing :(