Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Review: Vacation!

Sorry all, I didn't get around to all of your blogs to read and comment. I hope you will forgive me but we were not home. We went on vacation and didn't want anyone to know that. I had decided what my reward would be and it involved a vacation - over 700 miles, south, one way, to get warm and to get my reward for having completed 2400 miles.  Some of you said I should go south to warm up so we did. We went to North Carolina where we picked up a 9 week old Powder Puff Chinese Crested, August Rush.

I have a friend, Anu, who comments here often. She and I use to work together and we became dear friends. Then she and her husband moved south to get away from the winters up here and to be close to family down south. She had sent me an email asking my opinion on something and in the email she talked about a dog class she was taking and this one woman who had the most adorable little hairless Chinese Crested.  Well, since I really like these little dogs, Anu introduced me to the breeder and helped us get August.   Here are just a few of the pictures and one video we took. Both the hairless and powder puffs are born in the same litter. In this litter, there were 4 puffs and 2 hairless. 
In all we took 2 days to drive down there. We spent 2 days visiting and hanging out and 2 days driving back the 700+ miles. We were pretty tired but I HAVE to tell you that this little guy slept most of the way!  We would put him in the crate and after a few minutes he was out - and stayed out for 2-3 1/2 hours before waking up. So we stopped, gassed up, got something to eat, walked and played with the dogs and then put him back in the crate where he would go back to sleep!  What a blessing to travel with 2 great dogs.  Becke is still getting use to him, but more on that tomorrow.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own photo slideshow

10 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to have a new pup in the house. I could not see any photos in the smilebox...it loaded and the music played but the screen was black? He looks cute in this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @joyce, I don't know why you can't see it, I'm so sorry. And he is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thing happen that Joyce did ... music but black screen. He doesn't look hairless in the picture.

    Somehow I already knew that you had another dog named August ... strange!

    Can't wait to hear more about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am sure the grandgirls will be delighted to play with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute dog. I had a problem at first with the video but I just hit the replay button and then it worked fine. Their dog Remy is really cute and the cat picture cracked me up.

    Congrats on surpassing your goal and rewarding yourself in such a great way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute dogs! Loved that picture of Remy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new family member! I couldn't see anything on the video either, but the photo is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smilebox didn't work for me but I am so thrilled for you. Can't wait to see pictures. So is yours hairless? Welcome to the new member in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also got the black screen without any video except for the sound track. Tried hitting Replay five or six times, but still no luck - argh!

    I was telling a neighbor this morning about August - how he looks like a baby lamb and bounces like a bunny. He also feels like I would imagine a lamb would, with his super soft and fluffy puppy coat.

    If you can straighten out the glitch in this video, please rerun it in another post for those of us who couldn't view it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like his picture, but I too couldn't open up the Smilebox; just got a back screen. How fun though to go on a trip like this and come back with a new family member! I'm sure Becke will do just fine with him once she realizes he is here to stay! Sounds like a fun getaway to get out of the cold for a bit, visit with friends, and reward yourself for all your hard work making your challenges. Never apologize if you don't comment on blogs; I always say blogs should come last, so glad you took the chance to go and do something fun like this!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!