I am thankful for the Wednesday Hodgepodge and all that Joyce does to come up with the questions every week. Click the button and join the fun.
1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
We really do love turkey and for me it's all about the white meat. As for what I do with the left overs, well there's turkey omlets the next day and of course the turkey/stuffing sandwiches.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
So you mean AFTER the nap right? Well I would rather go for a nice walk on a flat surface if it's warm enough. If not, then a walk on the treadmill in front of the tv.
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
I have had the chance to meet a lot of people that I otherwise would never had been able to meet through social networking. I have seen plants and animals and recipies from all over the world that I would never have had the chance to see without social networking. I have seen that in many ways we are all very much alike. So I feel that my relationships have been made better.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
In everything Give Thanks to the Lord. That means both the good things and the hard things that happens. So I give thanks to God for it all. I can learn from both.
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
Most of our holiday shopping is done live and in person but it's done all year so that I will not have to go to the store at midnight to stand in line to save a few dollars to get someone a gift. I don't like that the store will be open at midnight but you know what? If people didn't go shopping then, the stores would not be open. People who complain should stay home, problem solved.
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
I have a pair of black pants that is very confortable and I really like them.
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
I have so many things that I appreciate about my life. I have a Savior who loves me and cares for me. I have a husband who takes care of me and did so while we both were ill. I have 2 children who I love with all my heart. They, in turn married people who I am proud of and proud to call them my daughter-in-law and son-in-law. I have 4 grandchildren who make me smile and are a blessing that I always longed for. I have friends who care for me and pray for me. I have 2 dogs who make me smile and let me know that as one gets older, the other will continue her work in pet therapy some day. I appreciate breathing. If you missed that post, I have asthma and breathing became a real problem. The list goes on and on.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wish for you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I will not be blogging tomorrow so may you have love ones around you and enjoy your day. Find something to be thankful for and share what you have with others. May God Bless you All.