Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Hodgepodge minus 4 weeks.



YUP, in 4 weeks we will have the Christmas Hodgepodge, but for now, this one will do....Thanks Joyce.

1.  With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you? Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow?  What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion? 
I really like the bows but a gift of pretty paper is also nice. So I guess the answer is I don't really care.  I have 0% of the gifts I have bought wrapped.  

2.  What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
Circular knitting needles size 10

3.  What makes a home?
God who is the head of the household will make any house a home.

4.  Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound?  If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck. 
I grew up with Motown and love anything from the  Supremes or the Temptations.

5.  Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Green. It reminds me of grass and summer and heat, and leaves on trees.  I love green - but my kitchen has lots of red!

6.  True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon? 
Bacon is a low carber's friend. Anything goes with bacon. Chicken, hamburgers, eggs, and of course more bacon.

 7.  Share a favorite holiday memory.
Many years ago when Hubby was in the Air Force, we were stationed in New Mexio and our son was just about a year old. We had Christmas with friends and made Lazagna because we didn't have the money for Turkey and all the fixins.  It was the first time we would have Lazagna for Christmas. The other woman made it and she used so much cheese that when we cut it we each got a "Brick of Lazana" with our salad.  I loved being outside for Christmas. I loved having the windowns open for Christmas. I loved having Lazagna Brick for Christmas. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Monday morning our little dog August Rush went into the vets and got neutered. He is 15 months old and has gleened all he would have gleened from the growth hormones and since I have no desire to have puppies and he wants to make love to any leash he comes near, he went in to see the vet.  
He was wearing a donut cone but was able to get around it to lick himself so he is wearing both the donut and the cone to keep his head away from where it wants to be.   I love this little guy and hope he gets better soon. In the photo above he was curled up next to his sister sleeping .

So now it's your turn, answer the questions either on Joyce's site or here, but let's visit around and enjoy the stories.

6 comments:

  1. I remember my youngest sister lip synching to the Supremes ... she would take socks and put them on as "gloves".

    Love your answer to #3.

    Praying that your little sweetie will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this part of the country lots of people make lasagne and turkey for their holiday meals. A nod to their Italian heritage. Glad your pup is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your Christmas today. Sometimes the simplest times are the best:)

    I hope your furry little fellow will soon be feeling better. Out of the four " canine fellows" I've had neutered, only one licked and bothered the incision--and he licked the stitches out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comment should have read I enjoyed your Christmas memories today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We call the cone "the cone of shame" since they usually have to wear it when they won't leave their stitches alone. I just remember Koda looked so miserable wearing it for those few days. Wise idea to get August neutered.

    I totally agree it is God that makes a home indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a sweet Christmas memory. Enjoy reading your answers. I imagine that little August is doing pretty good by now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!