Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Still Standing! Well, sort of.....

The beauty I get to see driving the highway!  Yes, it sure is pretty.

Yup! I went to work yesterday and managed to stay right up until 1pm!  By then I had managed to answer all the emails waiting for me on my computer, answered all the phone messages - with a real voice - that were waiting for me. I trained a dog and got her training notes typed up and recorded applications and payments from last week into the computer.  Also worked on upcoming classes.  It was a nice busy day but by 1p.m. I was ready for a nap.  So I came home and took a nice long 2 hour nap.  By the time I woke up Hubby was sleeping. He still has a cold and he is pretty worn out caring for me. I'm high maintenance-----------or so I'm told.

After he woke up we hit the grocery store.  We haven't shopped for about 10 days so you can image that we were out of a lot of things. Important things like dog snacks. 

Oh, and stuff for us as well. The store was not that busy, which was good since I was getting tired again.  In, shop, and out, that was our motto for the evening.

Then we checked the mailbox. Our box is at the end of the driveway and apparently no one cared to go check it for a few days.........

Good thing we pay our bills and do most of our banking online.
There is a lot of junk mail that comes to our house over the course of a week.

By time we got home from the store, I was ready for bed so off I went (after I wrote this) and Tuesday I hope to push my work day to 2:15pm  I'll let you know how that worked out.




On a different topic - the dogs have finally been sleeping on their own beds in my office as long as August takes his pillow out of the bed frame. Go figure.

On another totally different topic, because that is how my brain is working at the moment, who else is getting ready for the big meal on Thursday?  What are you doing different this year from last year?  

Thanks for all your care and concern. Night All.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling stronger every day. Take your time getting back up to speed. Our market was practically deserted yesterday. Today will be a different story I'm sure. I do my shopping in stages because it stresses me out to have mountains of groceries to put away. I'll finish today with the produce. This year we're making pumpkin cheesecake as opposed to pie. Hoping no one rebels : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're continuing to do better. Hope you make it to 2:15 today. ;-)

    That is a beautiful view you get on the highway.

    We cut out a few things that we didn't care for last year ... other than that we are making the same dishes that we made last year. My theory: if it isn't broken, don't fix it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your feeling even better today.

    The family is gathering at my brother's this year. They are expecting about 27 people. Hubby is taking care of what we are supposed to bring, so it's going to be pretty easy on me. Although I may decide to bake some cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pic of August and Becke on their beds. Only way I could tell which end was which on August was thanks to his little 'lamb' ears. So cute!

    We live just 12 minutes away from my sister and favorite brother-in-law who always host the big holiday hooplas. What's different for us this year is that we're bringing only two, instead of three, side dishes.

    What's also different is my revamped homemade cranberry sauce. I'm neither a skillful or inspired cook, but last Thanksgiving I'd changed up my recipe.

    Instead of my typical clementine slices, I used figs as the sweet complement to the berries' tartness. It was a hit, so I'm repeating that surprising success for my sister's table. Hubs is making another side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least your getting up & out and trying to get some things done at work. Hope you continue to feel better. Bought my turkey today. We are going simple this year with turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, some jellied cranberries, olives and rolls. There will only be three of us so we are set for the whole weekend for meals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know the best thing your body needs is rest, so make sure you get all the rest you can! What am I doing different than last year for Thanksgiving? LOL, I just blogged it, but basically its the same thing I did last year; I'm not doing anything (no cooking! How I managed to accomplish that and have four Thanksgiving celebrations is a major accomplishment in my book I do believe!)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!