1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
We hang our stockings on the mantle and they get filled with small things for us and our "kids", a.k.a. our dogs. Christmas Eve we open 1 gift, and our stockings. We open the other gifts on Christmas Morning.
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
I get a lot of sleep!! Often 9 or 10 hours with a nap in the afternoon. Yes that is a lot but it's all good! For now, I need all that sleep so it is enough and my doctor is fine with it.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Well, if I had to give up something, and clearly I get to pick the thing I'm giving up...... it will be laundry and I would just be fine with giving it up.
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
I love keeping up with the Royals! I am so happy for them and pray that Kate will be well throughout the pregnancy. I just so enjoy watching the kids grow up and remember watching Diana's wedding... So to watch her two sons become men and fathers in their own right will be so much fun.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is beautiful, fun, exciting and a gift from God.
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
BOO. I wonder how long that fruit cake has been around both in terms of how long it's been in the cabinet and how many people re-gifted it.
I really like any fruit pies, or upside down cakes, or, in the fall and winter, fruit cobbler!! Bring it all on!!
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
I still need/want to get the rugs shampooed. They are usually done by now but as of today, they are not done!! I really need to get on that...maybe the weekend..
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I know that I have not been blogging a lot the last few weeks. I am so glad that I got the Christmas shopping done early because I would not have the time to get it done now. I have been working full time, sewing gifts, making Christmas cards, caring for August who was neutered last week and sleeping. Did you see my answer to #2! I hope to be back at it soon. I do miss blogging about our lives here in the upper right hand corner of the USA. I just run out of time.
Ok so now it's your turn to answer Ready, Set Go! Remember the Elf of the Shelf is watching.....