Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Friday, June 10, 2011

THANK YOU SO MUCH



Thank you all so much for you kindness, thoughts of concern and advice concerning my reaction. I especially want to thank Katie from Blessed Femininity who gave me great advise on what to be aware of and to seek medical help if anything on the list either started, continued or got worse.  She felt that another option was that I was reacting NOT to the Latex Free bandage itself but to the adhesive (I never knew that a person can be allergic to the adhesive). This makes a lot of sense since to me now, especially since my good friend and reader Anu (no it's not a typo, that is how she spells her name and it's pronounced Ah-noo), over at More Bark for you Buck, contacted me with a great tip to keep my reaction clean and get the latex bandage off my leg. Yup, the outer bandage that sticks to itself has latex in it. When I took it off there was no reaction to the rest of my leg, just where the original band aide was!  So I made a note to mention this to my doctor next time I go there.  So thank you all - I am doing better. The swelling is gone from my ankle and the rash is not as raised.

Swelling is gone but the redness remains, this will take a while to heal I'm told but I am watching for all the signs that Katie told take seriously

 My new "cover up" as advised by Anu. The washer had eaten it's mate (Why does that happen!) So I cut off the foot part and have a perfect cover up to keep anything from getting in. Great Advise! I love frugal women.

Have a wonderful weekend, and Thank you All again.  Visit both Katie's blog and Anu's website - you will not be disappointed at all.  See you Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you got some good advice concerning your reaction. Hope it heals up quickly.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lynn Marie, thanks for the link and the compliment! I'm very humbled! Most importantly, I'm so happy things are improving!! Those pictures look much better than yesterday's!

    I'm off to check out Anu's blog!

    Blessings on your weekend,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend. Hope the healing is quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear you can see some progress in the healing and you got advice on what was going on! hopefully by Monday there will be lots of great improvement in it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi LynnMarie,
    I am glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the encouraging words. I am following doctors orders and feeling much better. I thought I would get more blogging done since I was on bed rest, but the pain made it hard.
    You are doing excellent with the fitness challenge. 79 miles last week is amazing. Did your reaction slow your exercise down? I'm looking forward to hearing how you have been doing.
    Cheers,
    Shanae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!