Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Flip Flop Goodby



It's officially Fall up here in the upper right hand corner of the USA and it sure does feel like it is real!  At night the temps are in the high 30's and by day only in the 60's. So at night the heat goes on so that we can wake up to a warm house and during the day, the heat goes off.

One of the first things to go away are my flip flops. I love wearing them and I know that they are not good for ones back or feet, but I love the sun on the toes while having something between the rocks and my feet.  It's always sad when they go back into the closet.  


The flip flops have found their spot in the basket until next year. My heart is heavy over this, people. I love my flip flops and wear them all day, every where. It's always sad to put them away for socks and shoes.

The front door also gets some color with a fall wreath. The glass was so clean that the glare was showing in every photo I took no matter the angle I stood at.

So here is the door again with the storm door open. Do you all have storm doors? We have them up here. The glass comes out and a full screen goes in for the good weather.


And one more photo of the wealth itself.


I do love the colors of fall but not the temperatures. It is getting pretty around here fast! The leaves are so pretty and bright.


Unfortunately, at some point all that beauty up on the trees, land here where we have to blow or rake them all up.

Well, that sure is a workout so it's all good right.  Have a great weekend all. See you Monday.

9 comments:

  1. My flip flops aren't totally put away, but they don't get much "action" these days. :-( I know that they are not good for our feet, but I love them ... so easy to slip on and off and about as close to going barefoot as I can get!

    We have a storm door with a retractable screen.

    I have mixed feelings about fall ... I do like getting relief from the heat of summer as well as the beautiful color of the leaves as they change ... but I am not looking forward to the cold of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say it ain't so! My toes aren't ready to leave the sun and air. I am so grateful for these last whisperings of summer tucked into the beginning of autumn. And I am STILL wearing my Chacos!! (I'm a stubborn soul...) Blessings on your day, fellow Flip-flopper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a warm fall so my flip flops are still on my feet! But I will be sad to put them away when the time comes. Love the color of fall trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No we don't have storm doors in California but we had them in Illinois. I miss them. Luckily I do get to wear my Birkenstock almost year round! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bizarre feet and can't wear flip-flops as they give me terrible blisters on my toes. I'm always jealous of everyone wearing flip-flops because I'd love to. I love shoes and socks weather because I fit in better then LOL.

    Love the wreath, how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, flip-flops on here with threats of 80/90 degree weather this weekend.

    Love the wreath; so autumn! Beautiful leaves on the trees too.

    Hope its a restful weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stopping by to 'catch up' with you. No flip flops is just plain sad, but my day will come, too...

    Our leaves are dropping pretty quickly, too. I'm not much of a fan of raking though. Fortunately, there aren't many trees left in our yard (or unfortunately, when it's hot and sunny outside!).

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely a flip-flop person too! Thankfully I live in South Carolina and can wear them on and off through the winter months. Don't ya just hate when you first put your feet back into socks and shoes? It's so confining! I am not a boot person either - well, except for my cowboy boots... no snow here to trudge through. I count my blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!