Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

SCHOOL BEGINS HODGEPODGE!


Thank you Joyce for coming up with more questions. Want to play along? Answer the questions here on your blog.

1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
There have been a few Mondays when Hubby and I looked at each other and said what a nice weekend it was.  But it was because it wasn't packed full of places to go, people to see, or household things to fix, repair, or clean.  It was low key, relaxed, do-what-we-want-when-we-want-to-do-it  kind of weekend.

2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st.  What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least?
My current job as class coordinator and dog class instructor is my best job. The job I liked the least was working in a small pizza/burger place as the cashier.  I hated that job and I was not good at it all!

3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts?
School here starts differently for different schools. Some of the small towns around here and the charter schools have already started this week. Some of big city schools start after labor day.  I think we should have school year round.  After all the building is there. We should be using it.  Some kids will forget a lot of what they have learned after 9 weeks off.  It needs to run year round with a bigger break in December.  As for the start times, I think we should start at 8:00 a.m. and forget all the stupid classes like study hall so that the kids get out earlier.

4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'?
I love to make and send greeting cards to people who are hurting.  This is a labor of love for me.

5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.'
Many hands make light work.  My Hubby has done so much to help me over the years and more so this summer.  He tag teams with me when we watch the grandgirls so that I can sit and rest up a bit.  He cooks, cleans, does laundry, drives me all over, helps me in every way to make my life easier.  He is a true blessing to me and I thank God every day for such a Godly man who takes such great care of me every day.

6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
Lobster is such a treat for me and I like it Lazy Man Style, all ready out of the shell and sittitng in butter all ready for me to enjoy.

7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'.
One of my rules is 'A clean workspace will give you time to work'  I really cannot work with a desk covered in piles of stuff, I need to concentrate on what I'm doing, not of looking at piles of stuff.
As for Einstein rules, I guess I would pick "Out of clutter find simplicity" because I would toss out the clutter and what is left is simplicity.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
According to the Farmers Almanac, us folks up here in NH are suppose to have a cold and snowy winter.  DUH...It's winter and it's NH!! Still people are talking now about how terrible it will be and they are dreading it all ready.  Me I'm so so happy that summer has returned and the temps are in the 80's, even if it is only for the first 3 days of the work week.  Starting on Thursday temps return back to the 70's and dry.  I'm not thinking winter, I'm thinking summer!  I guess cancer does that to a person.  We think of today, not tomorrow and certainly not of winter because many of those with cancer will never see winter.  I am blessed to have a Hubby that keeps me focused on today and looking forward to a better today.  Winter will be winter and there is nothing I can do to stop that.  



8 comments:

  1. I so agree with your random thought. Why are we worrying about winter in August? Let's enjoy these last weeks of summer! I also need a clean desk. Mine is a bit of a mess at the moment, but that's on my to-do list. I can't focus with all the piles. Hope you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never liked the idea of school year 'round, but with unemployment among teens being so very high, maybe it would be a good idea for them. It might keep them off the streets and out of trouble (those who would be on the streets and in trouble otherwise, that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Focusing on yesterday or tomorrow robs today of its joy. Good for you on staying in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to see you back posting again!

    You are so right, we should concentrate on TODAY...but sometimes it's hard for me to do. (I love Kathy's quote, above, and will have to remember that!)

    Often, the low-key weekends tend to be the best ones for us, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so love you SWMBO...that's all I stopped by to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love weekends when there is absolutely nothing to do.

    I like your labor of love.

    I am trying to remember to call people I haven't seen in a while. Just a courtesy call, as my mom used to say.

    I like my lobster out of the shell, as well.
    I should mention, I don't know how to get it out of the shell.

    My family has a long list of those who have or had cancer.
    Some have gone on to Glory and others still on earth.
    So, my chances of getting cancer are high.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you. I cannot stand to work at a messy desk. I hate piles of stuff to work around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like when school starts after Labor Day, that to me is the end of summer. Our daughter would have benefited from a year round school. Like your labor of love and I guess I could have put my handkerchief ministry down for that one. Today is important....((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!