I love Summer Time, Don't You? The weather is warm and the hodgepodge is fun. Won't you join in?
1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
WOW! Right off the bat I have to think? Well, I don't think about doing whatever I please but more that I am not persecuted for thinking or doing whatever I do. I can go to church and worship God without going to jail for it as so may Christians do in other parts of the world. I am grateful for that. It cost a lot of lives so that I can go worship. My thanks to them all.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
I like all Beef Hot dogs and with green relish, spicy mustard and onions. Since I eat low carb if there is a low carb hot dog roll I will have that, if not then no roll at all is fine!
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
That is a hard one since I really am a small eater. I tend to eat every few hours all day long and not a large meal twice or three times a day. So sitting down and just going at it I would get full fast so I guess it would have to be something small like walnuts or bonbons.
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
Democracy is my answer. Since there are only two of us here, it's pretty easy to talk over whatever needs to be done. Hubby is great at pitching in and helping get stuff done and he is not afraid of the vacuum cleaner!
Nut's Pond. It was named after local circus performer, “Commodore Nutt”. It was a small swimming pond where we all went. There was a roped off beech and a life guard. I remember the changing house, boys on one side; girls on the other and a life guard sat in the middle! At the end of the of the building was a small stand where you could get ice cream, chips, tonic and candy. The beach and building are all but gone. There is a boat dock so you can still go and enjoy the water but no more life guards and changing house. No more snack stand. It just doesn't look the same anymore.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
No, we don't have a separate guest room. We have a futon that opens in our family room. Our family room is downstairs by the pellet stove. The futon is comfortable and those people who have stayed there all said it was comfortable and when we loose power and have to run the generator, we sleep down there (the pellet stove runs off the generator) and it is very comfortable.
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
Last night Hubby and I watched "A Dolphin Tale" on HBO. Have you seen it yet? We really liked it very much and it was inspired by a true event!