Thank you Joyce, you all know what to do by now right?
Anything by the Beach Boys - they just scream SUMMER
Oh and "Whipe Out" Who needs a lot of words, the music alone makes me feel warm all over.
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Favorite food? As in 1? You must be kidding Joyce! Watermelion, ice cream, anything grilled and eaten outside, ice tea, ice coffee, fried dough (at the beach), strawberries, rasberries and list goes on and on. I love it all.
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
Well since I don't like the dark it would have to be Thomas Edison.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
I was 18 years old when I moved out. I got married 3 weeks after graduating high school and married my best friend. Come July 1st, 2012 it will be 40 years and he is still my best friend and I would do it all again.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
BOTH! Have you heard that I'm scottish!
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Hardship. It seems when people hear about someone in trouble, entire communities come together to help them out. I've heard about people who let it known that they were sick and entire communities come together to hold fund raising events or blood drives or whatever that person needs. We do it with our own families. One person looses his job and other family members show up to help out.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
We are taking a staycation this summer and will do day trips but we do not have definite plans. Now that Hubby is retired, we sort of have a "Whatever" attitude.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As summer officially starts, the weather is suppose to be 98 today!!!! YUP I'm loving that but hubby is not so happy. He will have the AC on in the house and I will outside every chance I get to soak up all the heat. We start to cool down tomorrow.
Now it's your turn to answer the questions.