Once again, Joyce sent out the questions for us to answer. I really do think her job is harder so please be kind and hop over to her site and join the fun. Just click on the button above.
1. Americans will celebrate Labor Day this coming weekend. Do you know what we're actually celebrating? (without consulting your friends Google or wikipedia, ahem) What's a project you're currently 'laboring' over?
The holiday was created to celebrate the "working stiffs" in the USA. It gave the American people a day off from all their labor. It was created at a time when most companies didn't give a lot of "vacation time" so people really needed it. Now, some companies give as much at 6 weeks vacation a year PLUS a lot of holidays so Labor day has lost some of it's meaning. I am currently "Laboring Over" Christmas. I want to have most, if not all of the shopping done by Thanksgiving and that includes mailing it out to the west coast.
2. Labor Day also signals the unofficial end of summer for most of us...what summer food will you miss the most? If you're in the southern hemisphere feel free to substitute winter for summer.
Fresh summer salads! I know, we can eat salad all year long but there is something about a garden fresh salad with hot off the grill chicken on top!
|Image from Google|
3. A well known proverb states, 'It's easier to seek forgiveness than ask permission.' Your thoughts?
We see this all the time now. Husbands cheat on the wife and then apologizes later. Workers steal from work and seek forgiveness - when caught. Large companies waste millions of dollars on company parties just to ask for forgiveness from the people who work so hard and never receive a raise. Our government does this - spending millions on special toilet paper, or some other stupid item and then say to the American people, "so sorry, we are broke now and have to raise your taxes to pay for it all" No one seems to have integrity anymore and it makes me mad! Instead of seeking forgiveness after you are caught, do what is right in the first place!!!!!
4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic....which hat would you most like to wear?
Can I be a film critic who eats? Then that is what I want. I'll tell you all about movie theater food!
|Image from Google|
5. When you were a kid, who (besides your parents) was your favorite adult?
I had an Uncle Leo who I loved! He was the first man who I ever knew was bald and really though he was the only one in the world who was bald. I would sit on the back of the couch behind him and rub his head. He always made me laugh and he always made me feel important. He was a saint, with skin.
6. The astronaut, Neil Armstrong, passed away last week. He was regarded as a hero by many generations of people all around the world. Do we still have modern day heroes? What makes someone a hero?
I see police officers, firemen, 1st responders as hero's. They run into the line of fire, run into a burning building, run into whatever to save others. I see our military and their families as hero's. They leave the family they love to go over to a foreign land to fight for freedoms that we have taken for granted. They miss seeing their children being born, birthdays, anniversary's, parents funeral, and just being home every day playing with their families, tucking in there children at night and kissing their spouses. They are hero's and yes we do still have them.
7. I never get tired of Hanging out with Hubby.
He has been retired now for over a year and I still love having him home! This will NEVER get old.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Gulf Coast is getting hammered by Hurrican Isaac. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone down there. May they be safe and may they all be able to go to their homes soon.