Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A break from every day: Wednesday Hodgepodge.


I'm so glad that I feel well enough to join in the Hodgepodge this week, I missed it last week.   Thank you Joyce.


1. It's  been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
Yes I believe that when you wake up with positive thoughts, it colors your day.  Recently I have learned to wake up with a smile on my face. After all, I DID wake up!



2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
SURE!! Especially if I can sing with someone else, at least the first time....


3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
"Global Warming"  It's -5 up here in NH while I type this, parts of the country are going to -30 degrees. Alaska is warmer than the lower 48!  WARM  I don't think so!!!

4.  Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
I like word search and sudoku and have both of them in my cell phone so I can play whenever I want.

5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.

What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
God made men and woman to be different, to have different roles, to fulfil different needs.  He made us to compliment each other, not to compete with each other.  The whole men/woman equal in the 21 century is a man made idea. If we follow what God wants for His people, we are equal, and still different.

6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
I haven't been to a grocery store in 3 weeks, I have no idea if there is anything new there.

7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th).  Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here's a link to a character list if you need help on this one.
The Cheshire Cat: I love the cats grin and ability to explain what is happening.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
As cold as it is around here I know that some in the Midwest and especially in the south are even colder. Up here the big thing is the flu!  Did you get it? I have so many coworkers with it and it's really a bad one.  I am looking forward to spring - are you?

11 comments:

  1. I am definitely ready for spring. It is supposed to be warmer today and I am so glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm is strange word, up here warm means anything over 20!

      Delete
  2. I get a flu shot every year. We haven't had the flu at work, and I hope it stays that way! I chose the Cheshire Cat, too, for my hodgepodge today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike!! We both like the Cheshire Cat.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to join in today too : ) The flu is bad here as well, but so far we've steered clear. We've been in a lot with the weather, so perhaps that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to join in today too! The flu is bad here as well, but so far we've steered clear. We've been in a lot due to the weather, so maybe that's helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your feeling better! We had temps here in GA. drop down to the teens last night. With the snow we got, it was a MESS! My husband is stranded 40 miles away...he is warm and safe. Very thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you feel well enough to participate, too! Thankfully no flu for me ... I did have a flu shot ... I'm hoping that helps keep me well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear the flu is really bad this year too; lots of people hospitalized with it. Good to see you were feeling well enough to do the Hodgepodge. I think that's neat to train yourself to wake up with a smile on your face :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry I didn't make it over here yesterday because it's great to see you feeling well enough to participate :)

    I didn't realize your hubby blogs until he left a comment on my blog yesterday. When I read SWMBO in his first answer, I knew it must be your husband! LOL

    The flu is rampant here, too, but we've had our shots and, so far, have avoided it. Hope that trend continues!

    Take care, and stay warm (if you can!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your answer on how God made men and woman different so we compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!