Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Spring has Sprung!

Photo from iStockphoto.com

Today, our oldest Grand Daughter and Third Grand Child is 2 fingers old!! Happy Birthday to the best little girl ever. Happy Birthday E, you have brought everyone who meets you so much joy! You are the best and we love you. Pepere and Grannie.



Joyce created these wonderful questions so that we can get to know each other. To join, click on her button above and please leave comments, we all love and appreciate comments. 

1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem.
What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?


Sitting in the sun and making Vitamin D because you know I've been trapped resting up inside looking outside for WAY to long and I'm already taking 3000 IU of Vitamin D.  

2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?
It's been a really long time but I have a friend, Sharon G. and boy can she cook!  I would feel really blessed to have her cook. I would not even mind doing the dishes!

3. When did you last fly a kite?
From Clip Art

NEVER :-( Don't you feel sad for me!

4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?
Any time the conversation becomes technical  as in Hubby trying to explain how the furnace man had to take off the thing-a-ma-jig to put on the what-cha-ma-callit so that the doo-blotchy would work right.  Yeah, sound asleep in no time. 

5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?
 Sunflowers are my favorite because they reach towards Heaven and are huge. I like that.

6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?

President J.F. Kennedy was assassinated. I was in grade school and the nun came into the class room crying and told us all school was canceled and to all go home.  This was in the day when moms were home and houses were unlocked all the time and you could walk the streets until dark and you were safe. No calls were needed, we just went home. We all stayed glued to the TV and there was no school until a day after the funeral. 

7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)
Holy Moly and Oh My Stars are as crude as I get. I think women who swear sound really cheep!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am enjoying Spring and so see #1!

6 comments:

  1. We have 7+ inches of snow on the ground as of 8 am...more is falling. I know spring is under there somewhere! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, we only a dusting on Monday and it was nice enough to stay off the orads and only get on the back deck and yard. It's all gone now but we still have the old snow from before. It's too cold to snow right now (only in the low 20's and windy) but we have been told that it's coming tonight so I'll see what I wake up to tomorrow. You can keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sweet granddaughter. You never flew a kite? Well that should be first on your list when your grandchildren are older. I remember the day when JFK was assassinated and yes those were the days when moms were home & doors were never locked. I loved playing outside at night, we played kick the can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby,
    I remember Kick the can! I was pretty good at it too. But my favorite game was Marbles! I had a large collection and could play for hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the sunflowers! They are my absolute favorite!!

    I must say, though, that your level of crudeness is shocking! LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get to rest in that lawn chair before long and read to your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!