Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday: A little of this/A little of that



Joyce  over at From This Side of The Pond, did it again, she came up with a fun hodgepodge of questions to help us all know each other. When I posted this Joyce's button was down but if you click on the button on the right side, you can jump over and join us.

1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
I would rather have a conversation with two people, especially if I know them. I really am very shy.  That is another reason I love blogging.

2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
We had two TVs in our living room. Both B&W. One on top of the other, one for the picture and one for sound.  My dad was Scottish and there was no reason to toss out a TV just because the sound didn't work or the picture was gone - combine them.  Remember the day when each house only had a TV in the living room!  Now it's not uncommon to have them in the bathroom!  Oh how times have changed.
 
3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
No, in fact, I can go bed and when I wake up the covers are so smooth that I don't even have to really make it, just slide out and smooth it over. I don't seal the covers and also don't snore.  I just lay down and I'm gone....now the problem is I can't stay that way!

4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
Ham with Pineapple sauce is what we will have.  Sweet potatoes, green beans and hot cross buns will round out the meal. Not sure about dessert yet.  I'm thinking something with coconut.....

5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
Yes I do know where it is.  I had to pull it out a while back and knew exactly where it was. It is worn out after all this time and yellow but still readable.  Since I also legally changed my name, I have the change of name with the birth certificate! 

6. As a child, how did people describe you?
Shy - quiet - clumsy.  In many ways that is still true. 

7. What do you complain about the most?
Having too much to do and not enough help getting it all done. Don't most women have the same issue? Please tell me that they do?  I don't want to be the only one.....

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Look for the gifts waiting for you today.

13 comments:

  1. Oh that story about the tvs was funny! Time have changed haven't they? Now we go nuts if there's no internet on an airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the TV with sound not have a picture? Too funny.

    I'm with you ... when I get up in the morning, I just have to pull my sheet up and put on the comforter and the bed's made! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're right...you aren't the only one...I do sometimes complain about the house projects I want done...okay, maybe a little more often than sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a quiet, shy person, too! I'd probably just skip that party!!!

    About those two tv's...that's so typical of how our parents were, too. Never throw anything away--we may find a use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I answered #2 I completely forgot about the huge t.v. we had in the living room. I had a rather small b/w t.v. in my bedroom. But the one in the living room was huge and in color.

    Your Easter Sunday meal sounds wonderful. I'll be right over :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nana - yes one TV had picture but no sound and one had Sound but no picture. Back in the day TV had tubes and they would burn out. You had to bring the whole thing to get the tubes changed and my dad didn't want to do tha. The one on the bottom had the sound only but it also was a HUGH TV (long - not high) that also was the radio and record player and they worked so the small on on top had the picture. I take after my dad.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I had forgotten about the television set-yep B/W and only one!!
    Agree with you on number 7-women seem to always have too much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jumped over here from Joyce's blog - the tv story is hilarious - sounds like my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, the TV story is great! My mother-in-law, who is also Scottish would see perfect sense in this. Come to think of it, the older my husband gets, the more he reminds me of his mother"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having too much to do and too little time??? I think that goes along with the estrogen, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the TV story and your Random Thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do remember the days of one TV. I move around a lot at night but I don't hog the covers. We have moved on from Ham and now do Prime Rib. Yes, too much to do for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute with the two TVs in the living room; works though I think!!

    I like your Easter menu; sounds yummy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!