Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Review: Life in the North East/ 400Mile Challenge

I found the 3rd snowman!  I knew he was there under the snow someplace. I took the picture and quickly took all 3 out of the ground and put them away before Mother Nature decided that I was looking for more of the white stuff gave it to me!


We had a lot of melting this weekend and even had temps up in the high 60's so out I went and started to  rake around the snowbanks.

Becke kept sitting near the snow banks and I must admit that raking around them sure does look funny but it needed to be down.

It's brown - all brown but with the leaves gone, the snow melting and some Spring decorations up, it's feeling more like Spring every day.

Before
The rusty Shepherd Crook gets a new coat of black spray paint and the yard starts to look fresh again.

After
Even with the snow here and there, it's looking great and we had the windows open and heat off for a bit each day.  Oh how I love Spring.





I checked with Ellie, the creator of the Fitness Challenge to see if yard work would count towards my miles and she said "YEP! Anything that gets your body moving and your heart pumping can be counted."  So Because she OK the yard work, I counted it.  Grand total for the week became  62.95 with a YTD (Year To Date) total of 622.97. Click the button above and join in with Ellie and the others who are moving it and loosing it!!  
How was your weekend?  

4 comments:

  1. I posted a picture of the tiny bit of snow we have left too..we had a gorgeous day Saturday but back to gray skies and rain on Sunday. Today it is warming up-rainiy-but warm. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You found the missing snow man! Looks like the snow is outnumbered! May the rest of it melt QUICKLY! ;-)

    Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finding the lost snowman, and yay for spring finally arriving at your house. I'll be waiting for an updated picture with lots of green everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's looking like MN will be rid of its snow, too, before we get there. Whew. Just in time!

    Great job on the activity. Does packing count, too?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!