A brand new Year means that a new Hodgepodge for 2013 starts today. Thank you Joyce.
1. How did you ring in the new year?
To be honest, we both fell sleep and woke up to 2013. We had pizza for dinner (the Chinese Restaurant was so busy they stopped answering their phone) and ended up toasting in the new year Tuesday night! Exciting right?
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
Well, I'm looking forward to several things, grandgirls birthdays, SUMMER (my favorite time of year), but right now I am enjoying seeing the day light get longer and longer every day. Gotta love getting 1 minute extra of daylight today.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
We do change, we do grow, we do expand our being. I believe that when God accepts us where we are He doesn't want us to stay where He found us but wants us to become more like Him. That takes time, but over time, we can become more like Him. Therefore we are not the same people we were in the past.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I love green. I have lots of green in our home and also I do enjoy wearing it. It's one of those colors that make me feel warm when I wear it so I will most likely add it to my summer wardrobe.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
Diamond is my 1st favorite because it's part of my wedding ring and that wedding set is dear to my heart. Amethyst is my 2nd favorite because it's purple and I'm all "girly-girl"
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
We don't go to movies very often, they have become loud, crowded, expensive and often way too long to sit in a tiny seat with no leg room. We wait until they come out on TV and watch them then. Unless it's something like a Harry Potter or Star Trek movie, then we are there as soon as it opens (but not at midnight). We get there really early so that we can find the few seats at the back row that also cover the steps so that we have some leg room. Hubby tells me that we went to see "The Avengers" in May 2012. As for a book, I have enjoyed the Elizabeth Lynn Casey series-Southern Sewing Circle Series. Murder mystery with a Christian slant. It's a good read.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
"It's time to Do-Over" I like the feeling that I can reset my goals and move forwarded. This year, I plan to look for more humor in life and not put so much pressure on me or others to be what I think they should be. I will give it over to God faster and let Him deal with the details.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our house has been officially "De-Christmased". It takes a few days to put it all up and it takes one very long day to get it all down. The reason it takes longer to get up than down is I also put up decorations that will stay up all winter. I love snowmen, so those stay up all winter. They will come down in March.
Now it's your turn, jump around and visit others, see their answers, add yours and have fun.