1. My sister is celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday little sis! What's one way you're like your siblings? If you don't have siblings how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin?
I'm not anything like my only sister who is older. We don't look alike, talk alike, act alike, learn alike - nothing. I told my grammar school teachers that I was adopted when they would compare us. They bought it since we sure don't look alike!
2. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen?
Getting married to my best friend. We were married 3 weeks after graduating high school, we were both 18 years old. It was a beautiful day, starting our lives together, walking the path we have been on for more than 41 years now.
3. Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why?
Dancer, I love to be active and it would be a great way to eat all the things I love, don't you think?
4. What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you?
The smell of real Christmas trees. It reminds me of the times we had a real tree and the whole house would smell wonderful. Now we have a fake tree, not the same at all.
5. November is for Peanut Butter Lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month). Are you a lover or a hater? What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter?
Lover but it needs to be Jiff, because choosy mothers choose Jiff! Love peanut butter cookies.
6. What do people thank you personally for most often?
I send cards to people who are in need of some TLC. They will come up to me in church and thank me for them. I not only send them, I make them.
7. What event this year are you most thankful for?
Our 41st anniversary. Can you believe we have seen 41 years together? We used to walk the mall when we were newlyweds and look at old couples walking the mall as well, still holding hands. We use to talk about wanting to become those old couples. We did. We ARE THOSE OLD COUPLES NOW.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As the title states, I'm resting and recovering from Chemo for a bit. On the 15th of this month I will have another Bone Marrow Biopsy test to see where I am. I'm praying to be in remission.
So now it's your turn. How would you answer these questions?