Thank you Joyce for this weeks questions. I hope you all join in on the fun.
I grew up in the 50's-60's so our typical Sunday was Catholic Mass in the morning followed by either lunch at our Memes house where would meet up with the cousins for lunch and then play with each other, or a drive in the country and stopping at some cafe for lunch. The rest of the day was spent home playing with my dolls, playing outside or resting. Sunday really was a day of rest as stores were not open so there was no place to go.
2. How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.
Not very. I know that I don't know the future and I know who DOES knows the future and so I know that I'm good, but I'm also flesh and blood and this body would like to know the future. I struggle with this a lot. I'm getting better at trusting Him who holds my future in His hands.
3. What have you accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty? If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both?
I make cards to send to people who I want to let know that I'm thinking of them, praying for them, or in some other way, let them know that they are not alone.
4. Have you ever worked in a 'food place'? What did you take away from the experience?
I worked in a small restaurant that had mostly hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza. What I took away from that is I never want to be in a place where I'm dependent on the money from such a place and that those people work very hard. I was so glad when they fired me for not being very good.
5. Cold turkey, talk turkey, what a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why? Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase.
I'll go with "What a turkey!" I took our small dog to our very first agility trial and I just got the videos and boy do I run like a turkey. A really fat turkey! Why oh why did I wear White? With 6 months of steroids I've gained a lot of weight and boy does it show on that video. I really need black pants. So what a turkey!
6. If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?
I would love to have friends that have moved away. We talk and email often and boy do those emails get long as we go back and forth. Having them at the dinner table, we would be talking all day and having a blast.
7. What is one thing you must accomplish today?
I have videos to download and then figure out how to add them to my blog for next week.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Baby it's cold up here!! When I wake up it's only in the 20's and 30's and it's not getting much warmer as the day goes on. I'm so grateful that we have a nice warm house with the furnace running and the pellet stove going as well. No snow yet, but it feels like it will be here soon.