Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Don't Know - Fall Cleaning


I have the hardest time coming up with a title for my post, do you? I can write the post, but then the title always sounds boring. Hubby was joking me about the fact that this post was written but it had no title. He asked me what I was planning to call it and I said, I Don't Know.  So that is why it's titled what it is.

This past weekend, I had a boatload of energy and took advantage of it and started to fall clean the house.
Now, for those of you in the south, fall cleaning has a entirely different meaning. My daughter in law, who lives in San Diego, pulls out the apple place mats that she got for a wedding gift and puts them on the table and announces that Fall decorations are up!  It's a bit more involved in that up here.
First, all the summer decorations are put away, the Fall decorations come out.  The house gets ready for the cold - and the snow -  and the times the power goes out. I don't like the cold of fall but I love the color of fall. The spectacular and vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds speak to me and make me feel warm all over.

I began in the kitchen.

Orange pumpkins with the red microwave hutch  just yell FALL, don't you think?

Even fall birdhouses tucked up by the ceiling make me feel happy.

Clean counters, with fall candles add a great glow to this corner of the kitchen.

Here is the candle - so cute!

While another fall candle tucked in this corner help to add a glow here as well.
Here is the other candle.
The walls, counters, floor, and wall photos all get scrubbed and decorated.  How about you? Do you clean and decorate for the fall? Do you clean for the fall?

9 comments:

  1. The boys I watch will be on vacation next week and I plan to use that time to do a deep clean. I love having a tidy, clutter free home! (to bad I don't have one more often :)) Especially when I will be spending more time inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have that same scarecrow. I got my stuff out simply to trick the weather into getting cooler but it didn't work. Another 100 degree day here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coming up with titles : ) It might be my favorite part of blogging! I am not ready to pull out the pumpkins just yet. It is still sticky humid here. I usually wait til more towards the end of Sept but we are seeing some yellow on the trees in our woods so fall is definitely on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remembered that you love fall from reading last year's posts. I love it, too, but I ease into it gradually.

    In late August or early September, I always decorate using an apple theme, with a bit of "school decor" thrown in. I still have lots of "what nots" from my school days.

    By the first of October, I'll get the pumpkins and other fall decor out. I'm slowly working on the "cleaning out" part.

    As for coming up with titles--yes, that's tough for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My titles come pretty easy to me. I'm not quite ready for Fall since Christmas is so close behind! I haven't taken out my Fall items yet. It is different in the Southwest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post thanks for sharing i found your blog thrue other followers looking for to visit more blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your post title! ha Thanks for the pics of your fall decorations. I have a few that I put out but don't get inspired until the South Carolina temps drop a bit. I used to put out Halloween specific decorations when my girls were still home but now I prefer anything that looks like Autumn because it can stay on through Thanksgiving. Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning. I do love Halloween and Fall. You inspired me to make a post when I do decorate!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No I don't decorate for fall, but I love your decorations. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!