Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Muffins for Fall!


One of the things I seem to do in the fall is bake more muffins. How about you?  There is something about turning on the oven (even the toaster oven), and smelling the wonderful aroma that comes out of it, that screams FALL!
This past weekend was the first of many more muffins to be made here at this house hold.  I looked around to see what I had on hand to make Cream Cheese Muffins - Be still my heart!!  It came out similar to a mini cheese cake minus the graham cracker crust because I eat low carb and believe me, I didn't miss the crust one bit.

Cream Cheese Muffins


2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese - softened
1/2 cup Splenda
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon





Mix everything but the Cinnamon till it's smooth. Preheat oven to 350 and line the muffin cup with those paper cups and fill the cups. Top with a little of the cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

I used my large cup 6 cup muffin tin but if you have the normal size 12 cup muffin tin, then do so. The muffins will be smaller of course but then you get to eat more of them. Drop the cooking time to about 20 minutes.  I wanted bigger ones so I used the 6 cup tin.  



Take them out and let cool before placing them in the fridge over night. Now, if you are not good with temptation you could eat them right then and there, but I really was glad I held out till morning because they are just wonderful!


And the carb count for these biggies were 2.30 each!!! So I had 2 for breakfast with pumpkin coffee and it was well worth the wait.

Made any muffins yet this season?  

2 comments:

  1. I am not big into muffins but I do love anything baked with cream cheese : ) I do take muffins to bible study or bunco or morning coffee groups and these sound good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!