1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?
Yes, I do have a paper back dictionary but I never use it anymore. I either use the app on my phone or I will start to write it on Google and use the corrected word there. I also married a spell-check genius!
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
NO! Schools should not ban Halloween celebrations. They are a fun time to be a kid but I do think that costumes should be regulated so that kids don't show up in either "Hooker" type outfits or way over the edge with blood and gore.
As for other holiday celebrations, I guess it depends on the holiday. I'm all for the ones dealing with all Americans but not the ones that only pick one segment of the people. And forget all the days off because of the holidays. We don't need more holidays OFF from school because the kids are celebrating "Teacher's Union Day" or something silly like that!
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
I like "Cats & Dogs". Cute film where no one gets really hurt. Some of the dog movies has some dog die or get really hurt and that just breaks my heart. And they have a Chinese Crested in the cast.
He's a Hairless and I have a Powder Puff, but still, he's a Chinese Crested.
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
I have no idea where that would have been. I enjoy the quiet and love listerning to how quiet how life can be.
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
I am a clean cook. I clean up as I go and only leave a few things behind so that I can eat while it's all still hot. Then as soon as the meal is over, I am in the kitchen cleaning up the rest. I don't like to see a dirty kitchen at all
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
Hear about it?? I was glued to my seat watching it live! How wonderful it was to watch. My first thought was WOO HOO!! Go Felix!
I'm not THAT adventurous! I enjoy a rush where my feet are on the ground not 128,000 feet above it.
|The small dot in the lower right photo was Felix free falling to earth.|
7. What's not a word but should be?
ginormous (adj): bigger than gigantic and bigger than enormous
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, I bet a lot of people will be talking about the weather. Up here in NH, it's Fall Foliage season and the motels/hotels/B&B's are all filling up with people who come to our state to see all the leaves. The temps have been in the mid 50's - mid 60's and the air at night is full of the smell of wood stoves cooking away. It is all very beautiful and the income for so many businesses is a much needed boost to our economy. I hope you all get some hot apple pie, or apple cyder or apple tarts - Hey Joyce, there's a hodgepodge question here: What is your favorite way to eat apples? Pie/Cyder/Tarts/Fresh?
Now, it's your turn. Answer the questions here, or go to Joyce's blog (click on the button above) and link to her blog. Have fun.