It's Wednesday so it's time for the Happy Hodgepodge and I for one am glad because February is the month when I get cabin fever! Having the Hodgepodge to look forward every week sure does bring me joy. How about you?
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
I live in NH so any snakes up here are non poisonous! I still don't like them and we do have a garden snake that shows up every summer to bask in our yard. So the last time I saw a snake would have been last summer. I'm not a fan but I know that s/he is more afraid of me than s/he thinks I'm afraid of her/him. Still, if s/he were in my house you can bed I'd be calling someone to kill her/him.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
I believe in God.
3. Sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
I prefer to watch all of the above from the comfort of a nice warm chair, by a fire, sipping on tea. I don't do winter activities. I have Raynaud's - cold is not my friend.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
Raising kids! Hind sight shows me how much I learned but living it day to day, I never saw it.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
I can't remember, it's been a long time.....
6. What's something you can't say no to?
7. Are you a doodler?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Many people get the winter blues in January right after all the excitement of the holidays is over and the house is undecorated, and quiet. Me, I get the winter blues in February. The sun is up but not very strong at all. The day light is getting longer each day but I still wake up in the dark and night comes early still. I see the shorts in the stores, bathing suits, and think YUCK as I'm still in a winter coat and scarf and long johns. I'm glad that February is a short month because by March the sun begins to give off some warmth up here - but for now, I'm feeling the winter blues.
Ok, your turn.........