If the service is either really good or really bad I will complete the comment card and take the survey on line. But if it is average, then no I don't.
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts?
Personally I am against this but since so many woman wanted it and now have it they better shut up if the draft ever comes back and they are drafted. And they better shut up about signing up for selective service when they turn 18. You can't have the privileges without taking the responsibility
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title?
One is the Loneliness Number, it was about summer-I love summer!
4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?
Well they are both pretty terrible aren't they? I mean I've sat in restaurants with those overly permissive parents and wanted to slap them for allowing such terrible behavior from a 3 year old. No the kid should never throw food on the floor just because it's fun to play with food. I've also see those "Helicopter" parents come with the college kid to a job interview and not just sit outside, but come INTO the interview with the kid and answer the questions! Oh my, they are both terrible!
My parents were neither. I grew up at a time when we played outside all day and any adult would yell at you if you were doing something wrong so you everyone raised every kid in the area. I fall a bit over the middle towards over protective as our kids were not healthy kids so I did hover a bit if they were sick.
5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite?
Candlelight for me. Or firelight (fireplace or pellet stove light)
6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know.”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
We didn't have a lot of books at home. My parents didn't read much at all. If we wanted a book to read we went to the library or the bookmobile that came around to the schools. If my parents saw us reading, it was a sign that some house chore was not getting done so we got yelled at for not doing something other than sitting around. They grew up in the depression so "work" was more valued than "reading".
7. To quote Dr. Seuss...
"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.
Have you seen my Hubby? He is a source of laughter all the time! He gets me laughing or smiling or rolling my eyes every day! OK what I find really funny to see is him walking August. See Hubby is 6"3" tall and August is 11"tall and yet Hubby walks August. It just looks so funny to see a tall big guy walking the smallest skinniest dog we have ever owned. It makes me laugh all the time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
While looking back at our older post for question #3 I noticed I talk about our winter weather A LOT! Well this is NH and so weather is what we have a lot about in the winter. We have another storm coming Thursday morning....Really? Again? I'm hoping the weather man is wrong and it all blows out to sea. I'll let you know.