I'm so thankful for Joyce and her questions. There is always at least one that makes me think.....
1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
I have been showered with lots of love and attention. Hubby has been helping me with yard work, cleaning up after dinner, shopping and helping care for 4 teens that we had over the weekend who were part of a Youth Rally weekend. It has been wonderful.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion belearned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
See, I told you there is always one question that makes me think. I believe compassion is learned most of the time. Sister's share especially when mom's and dad's share or encourage them to and then praise them for it. Rewarded behavior gets repeated. So if compassion is rewarded, then compassion will be repeated.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
I really enjoy a good romantic comedy. I have a husband who makes me laugh every day so I love watching romantic movies that do the same thing.
|One of my favorites|
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
Well, I'm not a true sports fan but I've gone to a local professional minor league game and it was fun. I like hot dogs so I'd say yes, I agree. I like the atmosphere at the ball game and all the fun that takes place so yeah, bring on the hot dog as well. Plus I don't have to dress up to eat!
|Photo from Google|
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
I think our schools need fixing. Not the buildings, but what they teach. Seems to me that they spend way too much time on tolerance and diversity, politically correct speech, sex ed for 2nd graders, and what the parents pack for lunch and not enough time on reading, writing, math, history & science. We are raising a generation of people who can only follow orders and are not able to think for themselves.
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
I'm Looking Over A Four-Leaf Clover
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
I'm not sure I believe in life on other planets, but I do believe in God and since He created life once, why not create life twice, or hundreds of times? Why limit Him to just once?
8. Insert your own random thought here.