1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.
Last week we got to go out to eat at a place called The Copper Door. It's a great place for food and we so enjoyed the meal. Great food, great service, great decor = fun time.
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?
I have one sister who is older than me. We are not close at all. She would get "stuck" taking care of me and I would be "stuck" having to go places with her because I was too young to be home alone.
We lived across the street from a ball field and would often go there to play. The neighborhood would play kick ball there and we had fun running, playing and getting dirty all day. She would make sure that I was on her team.
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.
If I can buy American items at a good price then I would prefer to do so. However, my wallet is the deciding factor and some American items are just too expensive so I go with price. I would add "Sorry" but really I'm not sorry for caring for my family based on cost.
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
|Photo from Google|
It's an old book, but I've been a Christian for a long time. This book helped me understand why there is evil in the world. That was an important lesson to learn. It taught me that there really is a Heaven and a Hell.
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?
I really love sleeping to the sound of rain on the roof. Too bad it just rains at night around here. I don't mind rainy days as long as there are not several days of it in a row. Then it does becomes depressing.
What is blooming around here?
|Chicken and Hens and Dafodills|
6. What's your favorite yellow food?
Bananas, yellow peppers, yellow cake, and ice cream are all yellow foods that I love.
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?
I can't think of anything. Poetry is not my favorite thing to read.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Around here there is some sort of "bug" going around. Every few days we see on Facebook so-and-so is sick. At work, someone is home sick because they have the "bug." Some are sick for 3 weeks!! Well, it finally caught up with me and I have lost my voice and my thorat is sore. Hubby is feeling a bit under the weather as well but he still has a voice. Between the two of us there is not a lot of talking going on and I'm glad that our dogs know hand signals. Hot tea with lemon is our new best friend.