Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recipe of the week: Cheese-In Burgers



Even in Winter, I like a good cheese burger but instead of placing the cheese on top, how about mixing into the burger mix?  Here a new twist (well maybe not so new but different at least) on the burger.



Lynn Marie's Cheese-In Burger
1 pound hamburger
1 pound ground turkey
6 oz cheddar cheese
1 egg
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix it all up and make your patties, cook the way you like them (fry, grilled, broiled - whatever)


The day I made these, it was snowing (surprise right) so I fried them up on the stove and since I live low carb, no bun for me and the fat was fine with me.
I was able to get 6 burgers (really big ones too) and since there is only 1 egg (the only item with any carbs) the total was less that 1 carb for each burger.  If you add the bun, then cover with ketchup  then you need to add either in the carbs or the calories.  I count carbs only so this was less than 1!  I didn't have the corn that is in the first picture, Hubby did.
I'm SO longing to take the cover off the grill and get it fired up. Are you grilling yet? What do you love to grill?

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready to get grilling! We will grill about anything. Although burgers are our favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good burger! Yes, we've already grilled several times--burgers, hot dogs, and a pork tenderloin! We've been blessed with decent weather for the past few weekends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!