Joyce, once again came up with the questions - this time dealing with Mardi Gras. Click her button and join us or put your answers here. We are having our own Mini Mardi Gras right here.
1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
Not really. I do meditate on what the season means and spend more time in thankful prayer but I don't give up anything and since I'm not Catholic, I don't go to Mass.
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
Since I live a low carb lifestyle, I don't do pancakes but I will make French Toast with 0 Carb bread and top them with walnuts and 0 Carb Maple Syrup. Works for me!
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights.
Officially, spring is in a mere 11 days, but because I live in NH it will most likely show up the end of April. Still, I plan on celebrating by starting some seeds in cups indoors. I do suffer from allergies and they have been acting up so I know that Spring is in the air (even if snow is still on the ground).
|Tulips are my favorite Spring Flower|
4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why?
I don't usually even pay attention to people if I don't see something in them that shows me they are people of integrity so I disagree. I do form opinions of others on what I see in them and how they behave.
5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen?
Yes, When I was younger I was part of a Square Dance Club and every year we had a float where we danced while it moved down the street. It was a blast and I really enjoyed dancing.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________?
"We are expecting another child" or a grand child for us!!! The more the merrier right?
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Those pink tulips are so pretty...I've decided to buy flowers for the house... I'm going to make my own spring : )ReplyDelete
Dancing on a moving float--that must be challenging! Square dancing always looks like so much fun, though!ReplyDelete
Your tulip photo is lovely :)
Pancakes ... French toast ... close enough for me! ha!ReplyDelete
Those tulips are lovely ... I've GOT to get some tulip bulbs in the ground this fall (and figure out how to keep the rabbits out of them next spring).
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
You know...I am not Catholic and though Lent is, traditionally, a Catholic tradition, people in other denominations would benefit to learn what they can from this tradition. I grew up in a Baptist church, and I have attended Methodist and Presbyterian churches throughout my marriage. I currently attend a Methodist church, and we are putting a heavy emphasis on Lent this year. I foresee a lot of growth within the members of the congregation and, more specifically, within myself.ReplyDelete
I challenge you to read up on Lent. There are so many blessings in observing walking the 40-day journey that mimics the journey of Jesus to the cross.
Tulips are so pretty and low carb waffles...sounds interesting. I agree with the "waiting on spring".ReplyDelete
I'm sorry. I must have waffles on the brain...I mean low card french toast sounds interesting. I love french toast, but have never made it low carb.ReplyDelete
Dancing on a float..ReplyDelete
I think I'd get dizzy.
It does sound like fun.
Ha--your random thought is hysterical. So with you.ReplyDelete
Hang in there...Spring always comes...eventually. Right? HAHAHA! You can square dance? How cool is that?? Too cool!!ReplyDelete
It's coming, I promise....ReplyDelete
Enjoyed reading your answers. What bread do you buy that is 0 carbs? I have to get back on the low carb diet soon, I am so tired of being fat. I love tulips too! Enjoy the rest of your week.