Thank you Joyce for this weeks questions and thank you Hubby for copying them for me. Between you both, my day has been great.
Anytime I get to be with the Hubby and/or the Grand Girls. I love spending time with them, that's why.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
None on this list. They all work very well (except the waffle iron because we don't have one.).
3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?
When I'm over tired, I get grouchy. I don't like it but it does happen.
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
Yes we've been to Canada. Quebec City was beautiful. We got to see the changing of the guard at the Citadel. Hubby spoke french growing up and it sure did come in handy a few times. I've seen Niagara Falls from the USA side, I would like to see it from the Canada side.
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
My mother was not a very good cook but she did make a good American Chop suey. I still like it but now either myself or Hubby make it.
6. Do you cry easily?
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
I haven't started yet, but we will get going on it soon. We have kids and grandkids on the west coast and we need to get stuff mailed out soon to avoid the rush.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
1/2 way through our vacation, we had a doctor's appointment with the transplant doctor. It was a 2 hours appointment between the blood tests, talking to his nurse and then meeting with him. The outcome was that I'm in remission and not sick enough for a stem cell tranplant. He will see us in 4 months!! That news made the second half of our vacation a real celebration.
Woo hoo for remission!ReplyDelete
Our North Carolina chapter of Team Lynn Marie has also been celebrating your news about being 'too healthy'. Sending our love and best wishes for a long and uneventful remission.ReplyDelete
I second Kathy's WHOO HOO!
I'm so happy to hear your great news about being in remission :) May it be a long, long, long one!ReplyDelete
Enjoy the rest of your vacation :)
I've heard the Canada side of Niagara Falls is better to see than the states side.
Great news with being in remission! I too have heard the Canadian side of Niagra Falls is better than the state side, kind of like the north rim of the Grand Canyon is different, more rugged than the south.ReplyDelete
I'm so happy for your good news Lynn! Glad you had a wonderful vacation too. I think Acadia is one of the most beautiful spots in all the world. I've heard the Canadian side of Niagara is much less touristy and that Niagara on the Lake is lovely. Would love to see that side of the falls. Enjoy your day!ReplyDelete
My mom made a great chop suey too! I use to make it but don't anymore. Glad to hear that your in remission and pray that continues.ReplyDelete