Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WAHOO! YAHOO! BALLYHOO! HODGEPODGE!



Wednesday's has been Hodgepodge Day for a long time now and I must say, I  love the questions.  Thank you Joyce.  Come and answer them as well.

1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
Oh Yes, I sat and watched the leaves turn.  I left dishes undone.  It was so worth it.  Now I'm watching the leaves fall on our grass so it's time to get them up.

2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?
Putting dishes in the dishwasher.  It's just the 2 of us but the dishes end up in the sink rather than 6 inches to the left and into the dishwasher.

3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'
Depends on the circumstance and the person.  If someone I love has offended me and it's the first offense, turning the other cheek is easy.  It gets harder as the offenses increase from the same person.

4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?
I lose my shoes almost daily because as I come into the house I kick them off and we have a small dog who will walk off with one of them or I'll just forget where I was when I kicked them off.  But I don't usually turn the house upside down, I call on Hubby to find them for me.  He does it often.

5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
Hubby and I often say that we each got the better end of our marriage.  So we think that each of us are on the receiving end of a great spouse.  Of course, I did get the better deal when I married Hubby.

6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
I love the dark colors of fall so it's not easy to pick just one color of fruit but since I need potassium  I'll pick yellow for banana.

7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which 'October' film is your favorite?
 I really don't like Horror films so I never say Halloween and I can't remember October Sky so I will go with The Hunt for Red October.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
A few week ago, our grand girls were over and I showed them some boxes in my office of fall decorations and I asked them to help me decorate.  They took all the decorations in the boxes and placed them into my office.  It took them about 5 minutes to decorate the office.  I suggested that we share the decorations with the rest of the house.  They thought it was a great idea and began to decorate the house.  The girls are so much fun.  Grandchildren are the best!!


4 comments:

  1. So you have your own personal shoe locator. Sounds handy. I too am always kicking off my shoes and end up hunting for them.

    Love it when kids help decorate! You can send the girls over to my house before Christmas. Lol It's not really fun to decorate when the kids are grown and gone. I'd rather make food while they decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kick my shoes off at the doors, too! I usually end up searching for them when I need them.

    We usually pile our dishes in the sink, too. Somehow they never make it to the dishwasher, we just wash them by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our leaves don't turn so I haven't done that but I go to the show which I enjoy and leave the work behind. That sounds like a really good time with your granddaughters. Hope your having a nice weekend......

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to decorate with the grands!

    Well the cold is upon us and I can hardly wait for spring.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!