Joyce, From This Side of The Pond has once again come up with some really good thought provoking questions. She is doing such a good job with this. I love visiting others blog to see there answers. I find that I have a lot in common with so many people and so the blog world feels smaller and friendlier. So without further adieu here are this weeks questions and my answers:
1. If you had known what they knew then, would you have boarded the Mayflower?
I do believe I would have because they were looking for a new freedom, a new and better life and were fleeing from a live they could no longer tolerate so yes.
2. How far have you traveled on a boat and how do you feel about boats in general?
I think I have been on 2 boats in my life. In San Diego Harbor we took a tour for about 1 1/2 hours. No idea how far we went. The second time we spent 12 minutes on a Ferry crossing Lake Champlain. Both were fun. In general, boats are fine but I don't think I would want to be on one for an extended time. I like land.
3. What traditions have you kept, acquired thru marriage, and/or tossed? If you're single what are some of your family's favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
We still wait 2 weeks before the Christmas tree goes up but the rest of the house gets decorated shortly after Thanksgiving. That tradition we have been doing since we were married. We also open 1 gift Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day. Some of the food/ cookies have been with us for a long time. My husband is a police officer so most years he worked Thanksgiving. As a result, we had Thanksgiving Brunch instead of Dinner since he was leaving to go to work. We still do that.
4. What time is dinner and how many will be round your table? And what is the one side dish you cannot do without on Thanksgiving day?
We will be having Brunch again this year but at our daughters house. It will be 9:30ish and one dish we MUST have is Memere's Meat Stuffing. It's a combination of hamburger, pork, potatoes, seasonings, and onions and my hubby cooks it. Every year, I ask him to make lots of it so it will last a few days. Every year, he doesn't make enough... :-(
Yes, I know it goes against all I believe in to ask for 'just one', but I made up for it by asking three questions here.
5. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Do tell....
I do believe that I have never used one, that goodness.
6. Tell about a situation that caused you dreadful trepidation and feet dragging, only to realize later it was a true blessing.
When we first got married hubby was in the Air Force and we were getting shipped to New Mexico. I had never been out of the state. I was young, married, and moving very far away from the only home I had know. God was taking care of us and we had to make it or break it as a couple. Because of this distance, we learned to communicate, learned to live together and learned to compromise. All blessings!
7. Baked, sweet, mashed, hash browned or french fried...which one's your favorite?
Wow! I like them all but I guess Baked Sweet Potatoes Fries is my favorite and since I live low carb, I do not get them much....but when I do.......
8. Do you watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade?
We have the parade on the TV and will sometimes sit and watch it but mostly it is back ground noise for us as we are busy talking, laughing, visiting and eating. So much more fun.
OK Your turn, you can answer the questions here, go visit Joyce's blog and like to her with answers or just leave a comment. I love comments.