Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Low Carb Pumpkin Bread Pudding


There has been a lot of pumpkin recipes all over the web and I love pumpkin pudding but I am living a low carb life style so I made up my own recipe.

2 Large Eggs
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 Teaspoons Splenda Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 cup canned Pumpkin
Handful of chopped Walnuts
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
Nutmeg to taste
3-4 slices zero carb bread (or low carb bread of your choice)

On the stove, heat the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, and cream just till hot. Turn off the stove and add the eggs walnuts and seasonings. Mix all very well then add in your bread cut into small pieces.

Butter a loaf pan and pour the mixture into the pan. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

I used Zero carb Bread that I get here and so when I figured out the carb count it is 3 net carbs per serving (minus the whipped cream) If you use a higher carb bread, then add that in when figuring out your carb count.

It's not as creamy as bread pudding made with regular bread but the low carb fits my life style and the pumpkin in there is really good. In short, when I want bread pudding, I'll make this again.

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I love bread pudding ... I've never thought to try a pumpkin bread pudding, but I will now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!