From This Side of The Pond is hosting a Hodgepodge Wednesday with great questions. Thank you Joyce for taking over this huge undertaking. If you have never taken part in this it's a great way to visit other blogs that you have never visited and to get to know some great people out there in cyberspace. Here are my questions and answers, I'm looking forwarded to yours.
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?
Neither, I really think I'm more like my paternal Grandmother (Grannie to me). Her name was Maude and she was born in Scotland and came here during the Potato Famine that took place in the late 1800's in Scotland. She worked hard and at one point got a job by mail as a man (there were not a lot of choices for woman working in the early 1900's) She was the really frugal one of the family.
2. Do you like roller coasters?
No! I like my feet to stay as close to the ground as possible and my head above my feet at all times.
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
I had come from the eye doctor with the knowledge that I now needed bifocals and I felt old. Instead of whining about it, I decided to do something that made me feel young. Technology keeps me young (or least learning) so the blog was born. I like the name so it stays. It fits me.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?
We were married over 38 years ago so I don't remember the weddings gifts but when our son was born, my darling hubby got me a blender instead of flowers. I had that blender for over 20 years. I'll bet those flowers didn't last nearly that long. The best wedding gift I ever gave was our children to their future spouses.
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?
The car payment. I know that once the car is paid off, it will either start to break down and I will pay to get it fixed or I will trade it in and start all over again. Makes me nuts!!
6. Is the glass half full or half empty?
That depends on my hormones! So at any time on any day I can be half full or half empty. Makes me fun to be around - just saying.
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words?
One of my favorites words is "Grannie" the way my 19 month old granddaughter says it. It melts my heart every time and when she hugs my leg and looks up at and says it, I will give her the world! I love being a Grannie.
8. What will be your first question for God when you get to Heaven? OK so maybe not your first, but what would you like to ask Him when you get there?
Deer Ticks? Really?
So now it's your turn, answer here or on your blog and head on over to From This Side of The Pond to see their answers and visit new blogs.