Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday: A month of being Thankful


While looking at another blog it was mentioned that November was thankful month and she had this great logo that she got at Photobucket. I liked it and it was free for the taking, so I did. Thank you Nanato4

So in the spirit of thanksgiving I am launching Thanksgiving Thursday for the month of November. Feel free to add what you are thankful for. I love comments! I get so excited when I see that someone took the time to not only stop by but also to add a comment as well. So make my day and leave a comment.


So the first Thankful Thursday I have chosen GOD.

See I believe that God made me, you and everyone else (and everything) in this world. He created all things and it was good. Satan introduced sin into the world and ever since then mankind had been running away from God. But, that didn't matter because God paid for us with the blood of his own son! I have a son who I love and I would not allow him to die for "sinners". Yet God did just that-He redeemed us: Galatians 3:13 to redeem is to buy back. I have accepted that gift and so that is what I am thankful for. See with that gift of redemption I also have some other pretty wonderful gifts. Here are just a few.

1. Eternal life in Heaven with Him when this one is over. We are ALL going someplace when this life is over, we get to pick where that is. I choose Heaven.

2. The Holy Spirit now lives inside me and talks to God for me when I cannot find the words. That includes both when I'm happy and when I'm sad.

3. I get to talk to Him anytime I want to. He never sleeps, never goes on vacation, never "steps away" for a coffee break. He is always ready to listen and reply.

4. When I mess up, I have instant forgiveness as soon as I truly repent and ask for it. There have been times when I have asked people to forgive me and they say they do but then in the future, the wrong I did comes back again and I wonder "Did they truly forgive me?" I know with God he forgives and then forgets what I did.

So for the first entry in Thankful Thursday I pick God. What about you? What are you thankful for today.

1 comment:

  1. Thankful Thursdays - what a lovely idea.

    I don't know where to start because I have so much to be thankful for. I guess the first is being glad I'm smart enough to recognize how blessed I am. So many people don't realize what (and who) they have in their lives until they lose them. That's one mistake I don't make.

    At the top of my own gratitude list are the family, friends, and pets I've had, and have today, in my life to love. Each has enriched my life beyond measure.
    Anu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!