Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Review: The house of Many Colors


Back in October hubby backed out of the garage just like he has done for years, unfortunately he didn't wait for the door to get all the way up and so he took out the bottom of the garage door. It's only a door right, so we got an few estimates and decided on a new door. We (and by that I mean "I") were thinking of painting the house a different color and this was the perfect time to make the change. Get the door we wanted and then paint the house to match. Great Plan Right? We thought so too! Best laid plans ......

We ordered the door and had the paint chip so we could match it to new house paint. Then hubby got the flu (after getting the flu shot a few weeks before), it rained, it got too cold, we got busy with other things and then the new door showed up.

Remember the story of Joseph and his coat of many colors? He was so proud of that coat and wore it all over the place. Well we now have a house of many colors. The top is dark yellow, the window trim is light pine green, the bottom is hot chocolate brown, the shutters are dark country red, and the door is forest green! Unless we get some warm days where we can get out there to scrape, and paint we will have the house of many colors all winter! Since this is the house that God built, I guess it fits us! I'm thankful for our house of many colors. All are welcome!


5 comments:

  1. At least it will be easy to find your house! :D

    I have an award for you, so stop by and pick it up!
    http://mary-lifeinasmalltown.blogspot.com/2010/11/double-whammy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a chuckle out of your analogy to Joseph's coat of many colors. ;-) I'll be praying that you'll get some warm weather so you can get to work on repainting your house. ;-)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To save the award, right click on the picture, then click on "Save Picture as". Then choose where you want to save it. In a post, click on the picture icon and choose "choose file" and find where you saved it. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your home of many colors!

    You asked me how to collect your award off my blog...I'm probably not the best one to ask, since I have to get help from my son much of the time! lol I'll tell you how I put it in my post, but I can't help you with the sidebar thing, cause I can't get mine to work!

    To put the award in your post, put the mouse on the award and right click. When the prompts come up, click copy. Then go to your desktop (blue screen) and right click on it. When the prompts come up again click on paste(the award will then be stored there).
    When you are writing your post, and need the award, click on add image, then you can collect the award from your desk top.

    Another way is to rt click the award, and click save as...the award will then go in with your pictures that you have stored on your computer. You can collect the award by clicking add image, and selecting it.

    I hope this helps...I'm still learning, too. Don't stress over it too much :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi; first time visiting your blog; found it through Mary's (Life in a Small Town). I like the name of yours! I think your house looks so very inviting and friendly with all the different colors!!

    looking forward to getting to know you more :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!