Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Blog Button



Since I've been blogging and reading other blogs, I was wondering how to get those great buttons onto my blog and frankly learning this "Blog Language" has my eyes glazing over - rolling into the back of my head, and "blah! blah! blah!  ENGLISH blah! Blah! Blah!" runs through my mind. Terms like YourButtonURL, YourBlogURL, and YourBlogName all have me scratching my head and wondering what is the difference and where do I find these codes/names on my computer screen. So I just started looking around for someone who spoke English.  I think I found her. Chronicles of Amber had what looked like a easy way to create a button.  I will give you the link so that you can have the pictures as well, however, her language is a bit raunchy so here is the link but you have been warned.  Here's the link because she does deserve the credit for this.

The short version of her directions without pictures follows:

How to copy my buttons onto your blog
1.       Copy the photo and place it on your desktop (or someplace where you will remember it). If you have a Mac simple click on the picture and drag it to the desktop.

2.      Go to your Dashboard and select DESIGN

3.      Click on ADD A GADGET

4.      Select PICTURE

5.     Upload my button picture from your computer (do you remember where you put it?) In the “Link” section add my blog info which is http://lifethroughbifocals.blogspot.com/

6.    Hit SAVE and that should be it.  You will see the button but not the code under it.

  I asked Hubby to try to see if he could add my button to his blog and he did so it did work. Now to figure out how to make these directions a page. Here we go again with directions that have me thinking "Blah! Blah! blah! ENGLISH Blah! Blah! Blah!"
I hope you all have good weekend everyone!



2 comments:

  1. ALL this STUFF is really hard to learn, isn't it? I figure maybe I should find a 5 year old and they could probably tdo it for me. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gurl !! Love the button. Week 2 update I did 4 miles this week, much better, but not the prize. Good luck to you. Have a Supah Week!!!
    See ya,
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!