Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Recipe of the Week:Grilled Salad

I love summer salads don't you? Top them with grilled chicken, or steak, add some fresh strawberries and cheese and that is a complete meal in a dish.
So a few weeks ago when Hubby was ready to grill MEAT - ANIMAL FLESH as he calls it, I started looking for veggies to add to the grill. I found in my fridge some Romaine Lettuce and this is what we made.
                                                                        Grilled Salad

Slice the Lettuce in 1/2 the long way and spread some Dipping Oil all over it. I used Italian.
Add some salt and pepper to it. Let it sit for bit for the oil to work through

Grill one side for a few minutes. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.



Turn it over and do the other side.



Top it any way you want, we added just simple Cheddar cheese to ours.

Grilled salad was so good, we have had it a few more times.  Try it.

4 comments:

  1. You just reminded me I have a delicious recipe for a grilled salad with a bleu cheese and bacon dressing. I need to go look for it now. I love grilled lettuce-wasn't sure I would but the flavor is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds ... and looks ... awesome! We've got steaks in the fridge, and now I know what else I'm going to serve with it for dinner this evening! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled salad... I would have never thought to do that, but it looks delish. Next time we grill I am going to try that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds wonderful. We always buy romaine that way. I am going to have to try that the next time we grill.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!