Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Timing is Everything

My husband has great timing....me, not so much.

He sets the coffee pot up the night before so that I have fresh coffee in the morning. I love his coffee.


Last year, he had the garden ready in time to have a nice little harvest for us to enjoy. I love fresh peppers, don't you?

I do things early.....
I tend to show up early for appointments (mainly because I'm sure I will get lost so I start out early).
I wake up before the alarm would go off (if it were set in the first place, but since I know I will wake up I don't set it)
I do my Spring cleaning in February
My Fall cleaning in September

Hubby, however is always on time. So for Mother's day, he planned on taking me out for a late lunch (2pm) so that everyone else would be leaving while we were coming in. That turned out perfect as we didn't have to wait for a table, because others were leaving as we were walking in. Plus  that gave me was a few hours after church to sit outside on the deck and read. And have a nice ice coffee as well.

A luxury that I don't get very often.

Because I'm doing something early.

So I sat out in the sun and read.  I finished one book and almost finished the other.  I have now finished that second book.  Here is what I read.


Hubby got me this book several months ago and I started it but life got in the way and I got busy doing other things and never finished it. Reading it in the sun shine was perfect. I really liked this book. I'm not sure that I believe in near death experiences but this book was really good and it made me think about how I view the world. Life is a gift, and there is a spiritual war going on in this world.



I downloaded this book onto my iPad. I really like this as well. It's a Christian love story so there is no sex in it.  It starts off slow but it does pick up and there are several funny parts in it with one very funny character (Aunt Sophie). It was well worth the read.

Had Hubby not given me the time to read before we went out to eat, both of these may be still be waiting for me to read.

Thank you Hubby.



6 comments:

  1. We're actually growing peppers for the first time this summer. I can hardy wait until they're ripe and ready to eat! Sounds like some great books. I'm always on the lookout for a good read! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Sandra Bricker's The Big 5-Oh! I had downloaded it for free from Pixel of Ink ... on a whim, and while it wasn't the best book I've ever read, it was a good book, and I'm glad I read it.

    I'm like you, I'm not sure that I believe in near-death experiences, I do believe that there is spiritual warfare going on ... there's a battle out there that we don't have the eyes to see.

    Praise God for the blessing of your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the wait list at the library for the boy book. In the meantime I read another book by a pastor who had a near death experience. It was very moving. I can't remember the name of it though. He was from the Houston area and had been in a really bad car crash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the book mentioned in the above comment is 90 minutes in Heaven.

    So glad you had a day filled with love and your favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound like two good books. Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day. Reading a good book outside sounds wonderful. (Why can't I get off this computer and do that?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better than sitting out in the sun and enjoying a great book. Sounds fantastic!

    Hope you and your hubby have a great weekend coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!