Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Review: The Sun will Come Out Tomorrow


Tulip in our front garden
After 6 days of rain, gray skies, cool and damp  temperatures, the sun finally decided to show up on Sunday and it was a delight to play with our granddaughters and let the dogs run and play in the backyard.  I do like the sound the rain and, in fact, have many rain sounds downloaded on my iTouch to fall asleep to. However, after 6 days of it, I had had enough!!! I needed vitamin D badly.
Looking inside the tulip, don't you love the inside?
My first week back to work saw me working a lot more hours  than I normally do so I came home really tired almost every evening all week and had a bout of Migraines as well!  So not fun but Hubby really made coming home the best part of the day.  He did the laundry, dishes, picked up the house, set up the coffee pot every night so all I had to do was push "on". He watched the dogs while I crashed on the couch and often fell asleep there.  It was a hard week.  I even worked 5 hours on Saturday, teaching CPR/1st aid to the new staff.
I do love tulips and we do have a few that the deer didn't eat!  
So when the sun finally showed up on Sunday, I put on Capri pants and played with the girls outside. Have I mentioned how much I love the grand girls. I cannot tell you what it does to my heart when I hear "Grannie, play with me." Sunday, after giving both girls a cookie, the oldest came into the kitchen and said Grannie, Pepere would like a cookie and he said Please".  I gave her the cookie to pass on to pepere and she ran into the living room 'Here Pepere, here is your cookie."  What a simple sentence and yet it brings such joy to hear her.  Even the little one came looking for the "cookeeeee" as she says it and smiles at me so of course I give her one.
100 Days of Dance
Dancing 6 days this week to radio on the TV (this concept still has me baffled but yes we have some radio stations on the TV) has me up to 27 days of dancing.  How are you doing?  I hope you are moving and grooving to keep yourself young at heart.

Welcome to a new week, time for a "Do-Over".

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a hard week. :( The sunshine and the love of a little always perks me up!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story of spending time with your granddaughters makes me long for grandkids to spoil one day. I can hardly wait! We're getting some much needed rain today and I think more is headed our way tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always tough getting used to working after being off. I used to work and school, and the first two weeks back nearly killed me, after having the summer off!

    I love tulips, too, but they don't grow well here. Our weather goes from cold to hot, and they don't tolerate the heat well. (neither do squash and cucumbers!)

    Nothing livens a house up like a visit from "the grands". What a blessing they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the rain and migranes. Your husband is so helpful, that is so sweet. I am sure that grandchildren can brighten even the darkest days!
    I had a great weekend, can't wait to post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had a rough week ... having time with the grands was excellent therapy! Hope you are having a great week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! Very useful advice within this post!
    It is the little changes that make the greatest changes. Many thanks
    for sharing!
    Also visit my web-site old holborn tabak

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was able to find good info from your blog articles.
    Also see my webpage :: drum tobacco

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!